Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Classic Crime - How to Be Human (April 28th, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Benjamin Lee, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

[​IMG]

Tracklist:
    1. Introduction to Dance
    2. Holy Water
    3. Not Done With You Yet
    4. Ghost
    5. Driftwood
    6. Wonder
    7. Spare Time
    8. Shades of Green
    9. More
    10. The Third Way
    11. Hold on Let Go
    12. Black & White

Mauro D. likes this.
  2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Looking forward to this!

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'll check it out but I haven't really liked anything since The Silver Cord.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Lucas27

Trusted

Yeah, it's interesting to me. I think all of their stuff is "pretty good" but The Silver Cord is noticeably superior to anything else they've done. One of my favorite albums of all-time and the rest of their stuff doesn't come close.

I heard clips of the new album and it sounds "pretty good" yet again. Not bad obviously, but I hope it surprises and really blows me away when the whole thing comes out.

5. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

My favorite is Vagabonds. Just loved the more simplistic approach to alternative rock they had there. Though, I like every album a good bit outside of Albatross. Their acoustic EP, and album are also solid.

6. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Phoenix is a close second for me behind The Silver Cord but its more of a 1A/1B situation. Both are excellent and their most cohesive records imo. Also the acoustic ep is def up there with their best work.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

New song this week!!!

8. Frinet42

Regular Supporter

Ah heck yeah! It's been too long. I caught these guys at the end of a tour right after the silver chord had dropped and they played their hearts out even though there was hardly anyone there. I'll never forget that show.

DejaMoi likes this.
  9. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I don't have high hopes for this but I'm excited none the less

10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

11. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I actually really like this song. Though, is it just me, or is the mix really muddy?

12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's decent but i'm certainly not blown away. Might be better in the context of the album. But this is the opener right? Def think this will be a softer release. Hope i'm wrong though.

13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

On the bright side if it does end up being poppier like Vagabonds the good thing is that one has grown on me so hopefully this will as well. Silver Cord and Phoenix are def their best work no doubt about it imo.

14. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

New song on Spotify:

15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I like this song a lot too. Question: does the production on the past two songs sound off to anyone else?

16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I need to check these new songs out and decide whether to preorder the album. Has anyone listened to the live album you get if you preorder? Is it any good?

17. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

The quality isn't the best for the live album. It's a fun little bonus for pre-ordering though.

18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I like this new one more than the first one.

19. Lucas27

Trusted

I adore "Not Done With You Yet". In fact, it might be my favorite TCC song to date after multiple listens. Another song, "Ghost", is available on iTunes and it's pretty great too. If this isn't my favorite TCC record since The Silver Cord, I'll be very surprised.

Also, listened to their discography this week and MAN. Albatross is way better than I ever give it credit for. The instrumentation on that record is killer, especially for a debut. I always pegged it as their weakest but I think I enjoy it more than Vagabonds and Phoenix now. Vagabonds is a fun and colorful record, but it's not very intricate at all. Phoenix is a little more layered, but the production isn't great and the songs blend together. Albatross, The Silver Cord, and these three new songs all seems a lot more layered.

20. Lucas27

Trusted

First impressions on the record:

Best since The Silver Cord for sure. Definitely more dynamic and experimental than the last two records. There's an atmospheric indie rock sound to a lot of these songs that I wish was explored more and and I wish they gave a couple songs room to breathe because a few end really abruptly or get loud when I was hoping it would stay soft. Other than that, very solid record.

DejaMoi likes this.
  21. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Sweet I can't wait to listen!

22. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I haven't listened to them in years, but I'm really enjoying this album.

23. GettingSodas

I forgot this was coming out..

24. Lucas27

Trusted

This record rules. Just behind Paramore and Mew as far as my favorite records of 2017 go. A lot of people think it's boring though which I find mind-boggling.

25. GettingSodas

This is way better than I expected. I like it.

Lucas27 and Benjamin Lee like this.