Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Circle (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by trevorshmevor, May 7, 2021.

1. 23158685-A921-414E-8543-04035CF1945A.png

Been a lot of talk about this show the last couple of years in the Netflix thread. Figured I’d make a thread so everyone could hop outta there real quick

2. I watched a few episodes of season 1 based on the praise I’ve seen and really was not into it, but over a year into working from home full time I’m running out of background TV material so I kept going after a little break. I’ll be honest I think season 1 was pretty tough to get through and I basically fast forwarded through the finale, but I’m halfway into season 2 and finding it wayyyyy less eyerolling

Now excuse me while I dip outta my own thread so I can finish it lol

3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

My fiancé and I love this show - it’s nice to watch a reality tv competition that doesn’t devolve into ridiculous drama (outside of the terilisha/savannah crap, which was subsequently used against them).

trevorshmevor likes this.
  4. trevorshmevor May 7, 2021
    (Last edited: May 7, 2021)
    I really liked Terilisha, but she was way too squirrelly for this game. Stuck her nose in a bit too much of the drama, she should’ve laid low after Savannah got booted but instead she went snooping about that Joker

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  5. chris

Trusted Supporter

LOVED the first season, can’t wait to catch up on S2

333 GANG likes this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

hello

7. irthesteve likes this.
  8. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This show is good. Not sure about the S2 winner tho

9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

S2 players ranked

River
    Trevor
    Chloe
    Khat
    Courtney
    Mitchell
    Terilisha
    Savannah
    Bryant
    Lance/Lisa
    Emily/Jack

10. irthesteve

That ranking is generally good but I'd do some shifting a few spaces

11. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Lance/Lisa was such a waste. I didn’t see her interact with anyone really. And I loved Savannah the first episode and then after she made influencer she had a big heel turn.

12. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Would "John" having a family with kids in their thirties (in WV no less) have tipped Lee off that something was up? How easy was it for a gay couple to adopt kids in the 80s? Not sure if they just didn't include that because its a bit of a bummer to think about that messes with the shows vibes or if it was a common enough thing that that it wouldn't raise any flags

13. irthesteve

There's a half hour reunion called Afterparty and it's worth a watch

14. irthesteve

Ok well the first half of it is worth it

15. trevorshmevor May 9, 2021
    (Last edited: May 9, 2021)
    Becoming tougher to watch season 2 — nearing the end of episode 10 now, Trevor and Chloe are clearly only influencers because they’re pawns and everyone sees them as innocuous. Mitchell rules and I love Khat, but she’s a little too snoopy for the game and I’m certain she’s about to be blocked because of it. Courtney has snaked himself into a weirdly systemic position of power here, and legit the hardest part of this season to watch has been seeing him unironically treat the most honest players in the game how everyone should be treating him

edit: ah there she goes

16. Also I’m too afraid to google anything but I really wanna know what happens when the two influencers can’t agree on a person to block. With 100k on the line I don’t believe that one of them just buckles all of a sudden

17. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

okay yeah so anyways. There are a LOT of rule changes i would do to make this show better.

Some sort of standard about how often you can private chat people, some sort of reward for winning games, and making the game more about making your social profile page essential.

riotspray, irthesteve and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. irthesteve

There's definitely a lot that could change to make it a better competition show, but I don't even know if Netflix wants that. As much as we in this thread probably would love them to amp up the competition side of things, Netflix reality show hits are things like Love is Blind, Too Hot To Handle, and other umm.... less competitive things, which are more dramatic. I think if this show was on CBS, yes it would be extremely different, but we need to remember that sometimes we aren't the target demographic for Netflix and The Circle

19. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I do think the most interesting and fun parts of the show are when they get to meet each other irl, either through being eliminated or when they all meet at the end. They’ve nailed that part, but there’s a lot of other things they could do to make the time in isolation more interesting even if they don’t make it more “competitive” necessarily.

riotspray and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  20. irthesteve

Oh god yes, every single emilination I am on the edge of my seat for the in-person meetings

21. domotime2

Haha yeah its one of those things where I'm not their demo audience. I agree. The show/Netflix are much more excited about a person like Chloe yelling all the time, everyone acting at a 100 level at all times, flirting, and shallow drama...versus than treating it like a game show.

But I'm not their demo. Its like complaining about the bands on warped tour when you're 32 years old. It ain't about old man ke

trevorshmevor and irthesteve like this.
  22. irthesteve

I totally feel ya, and 100% agree haha, just wanted to at least bring up the point so we understand the why even if we don't personally want it

23. domotime2

anyone else remember The Mole

now THAT! was my shit.

riotspray likes this.
  24. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  25. irthesteve

YEP that show was amazing. I actually re-watched the first season like... 5-10 years ago and it held up. Would be such a great show to re-boot

domotime2 likes this.