Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Christian Music Thread Genre • Page 74

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 31, 2016.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It does blow my mind seeing some of the old US churches/people I used to follow (Sean Feucht is the worst - what happened to him?!) spout off nonsense about lockdowns and masks, freely gathering with no concern for the impact of such a decision on the health and well-being of others.

Love your neighbour...

Thankfully I’ve not heard too many similar situations in the UK.

Having earlier admitted my anxieties about lots of people plus ever increasing introversion, I will be so thankful the next time I’m at a church with the sound of singing all around me.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  2. Lucas27

Trusted

My friend Dylan just released a single that's been in my head all week. He's working on a record that I'm excited about sharing here once it's finished.

My best bud also released a new single off his record. I'm certainly biased but these are legit two of my most anticipated albums of the year.

3. Lucas27

Trusted

Another single by my buddy Allen released today. Got to do a subtle feature on it.

4. cyclones_37

I built this vessel and it could capsize anytime Supporter

Had no idea about this album until today. Only a few songs in but I love the stripped back feel of this. Will definitely revisit Taming Tongues after this

bachna84, awakeohsleeper and Lucas27 like this.
  5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This is quite interesting, particularly if you are a fan of Ronnie & Jason Martin. A piece of history that has not been heard for over 30 years, now available here.

6. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I was just listening to Joy Electric yesterday for the first time in years. How did that dude release so many albums on a pop-punk label?

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  7. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

wait, so is this different than the tooth & nail band with the same name?

8. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Yup!

9. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

New T&N signing

awesome to see how they are on a roll with signings. Even though I may not like every single one of them, it’s awesome to see the diversity the label has now with newer acts and some older ones (I.e. MAE, Copeland, Acceptance)

it was pretty bleak from the 2009-2015 time frame or so, they’ve alluded to it in the labeled podcast that they were trying to sign music they maybe didn’t like as much but might “pop “ for them

10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Ok so where is everyone at now with the current CDC guidelines?

We've been in Florida for 8 months now, and we've gone once to church once in that time. Obviously not ideal, but my wife's hometown/childhood church chose not to enforce any mask policy or really adhere to any recommended guidelines. Now we're both fully vaccinated and thinking of going back this weekend.

We're kinda split on the mask thing tho. When we last went, we were two of like five people in the whole church wearing masks. And that was in March.

11. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

To be honest I haven't been thrilled with a lot of their recent signings. Lots of indie-pop stuff that doesn't really do anything for me. That Salt Creek EP is pretty good, though, and I'm looking forward to the new Idle Threat.

12. JRShoenberger

Trusted

My church is having outside services every two weeks, that we plan to attend. These are the first in person services since lockdown. It’s a very progressive church though and a lot of people aren’t even okay with the outside services.

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Wasn't a huge fan of their heavier stuff, but the new Death Therapy songs are sounding really good. Late-era Showbread vibes.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. JM95

Trusted

One of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard.

15. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Really digging this Young Oceans album today.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. Ellamamama

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

Yet another beautiful album from Future of Forestry.

Highly recommend checking it out!

awakeohsleeper and coleslawed like this.
  17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Got an email about this - I’m in the weird camp of only owning Future of Forestry Christmas EPs (which I adore) but then everything else not living up to the magical peaks. I’ve consumed a fair bit of instrumentals and his Somniscape side project too.

Might check this out! To be honest, I may have (embarrassingly) been put off by it being 8 tracks. Does anyone else get that when deciding whether to listen to an album you’re not sure about? It might just be me.

Joel Gustafson likes this.
  18. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I've only ever heard the very first album, Twilight, way back. Isn't it pretty much just Eric now and not really a band?

19. Ellamamama

Ya I think it's pretty much Eric these days running the show. Twilight will forever be one of my favorite of these alt/christian/melodic (post hardcore? idk) albums. Not many guitars featured on this new album, mostly bass and strings.

He's been killing it though with his output with Somniscape and now this latest FOF album. I couldn't recommend it enough!

20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Somniscape is beautiful. So generous he gave Vol 3 & 4 away for pay what you feel. Some good pandemic calming meditative music last year!

21. Ellamamama

Ya it's so cool that he's still making music, even more so these days then back in the 00's.

22. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Oh dang, I was not aware of Somniscape. This is perfect.

Ellamamama and awakeohsleeper like this.
  23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Checked an older email address this morning, and had one from Facedown Records (they're still a thing?) promoting a new band:

HolyName, the new project of Sleeping Giant's Tommy Green.

Seems to be just a straight-up heavy worship band; the natural progression of all those church-music-meets-post-metal moments Sleeping Giant had, expanded into its own band. I haven't listened to this kinda shit in forever, but I do have a soft spot for this particular sound. Thought maybe some of y'all would dig it, too.

24. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

New album from Laura McElroy. You may know her from the band Comrades. Really beautiful stuff. "Fig Tree" is so good.

coleslawed and awakeohsleeper like this.
  25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

he released a worship EP as White Flag a while back, always loved his vocals on that. cool to hear them over heavier music.