Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Christian Music Thread Genre • Page 71

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 31, 2016.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Didn't know that. Did they do the The Running EP as well?

I thought the interviews suggested that they were back together and practising in a studio but were just seeing how it went. I'm sure they've written something.

I don't get why they posted 'It's not new music' in the first post. But the fact that they added... 'that's your first clue' - maybe it's a song they wrote way back in 2003 that they have now recorded? So not new music to them, but new music to us.

Perhaps they have re-recorded one old song that will be part of an EP with new songs.

I'm clutching at straws now.

Friday please come soon!

I'm excited. I was a bit annoyed with how long it was taking but now it's coming together and they've guaranteed that those who contributed will get what they ordered, I feel I can be excited at peace!

I think he was the reason it's taken 10 years to make. And the reason it's finally come together is because he moved to the same place as them so easier to get together and record.

It's crazy how long it took. Their communication was so poor to those who did contribute. I'm just pleased it's finally seeing the light of day.

coleslawed and estebanwaseaten like this.
  2. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  3. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like as of right now the new Beloved is a U2 cover song. Here’s a clip of it

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  4. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Ah, odd decision.

You can read the announcement from Beloved here:

I have to say, it's delightful to hear Josh Moore's voice in this context again.

5. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Certainly not what I was expecting, but I fully agree. Sounds great too. And look at that beard, holy cow! I didn't even realize that was Josh in the first photo they posted!

6. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I definitely did not consider a U2 cover as a possibility, but it sounds really good. Hopefully this leads to new songs as well.

7. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Speaking of Paper Route, I’m digging a couple of these singles from JT’s new project

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

estebanwaseaten and coleslawed like this.
  9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

New Everything In Slow Motion single featured Aaron Stone from My Epic!

coleslawed and Gooddayz like this.
  10. JRShoenberger

Trusted

bachna84 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Already funded! $70,000+ already...!

bachna84 and JRShoenberger like this.
  12. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Is this their third post-reunion that has quickly reached and then massively surpassed the goal? I’m glad they’ve found a model that works for them so well.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  14. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I think it’s their second

awakeohsleeper and aspeedomodel like this.
  15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

You’re right, I was thinking of Between Pavement and Stars which was an EP, but not crowdfunded.

16. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

upload_2020-9-4_8-35-25.png this popped up in my discover weekly today haha

awakeohsleeper and SmashRipsaw like this.
  17. Lucas27

Trusted

My best bud just dropped a new single. Some major Phoebe Bridgers vibes. I'm excited to see what people here think of this album he's working on:

coleslawed likes this.
  18. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

If anyone is still sleeping on our good friend Benjamin Daniel's music, they need to wake up.

He's even got a three song EP available for pay what you feel on Bandcamp, as well as the album from earlier this year. Both are worth investing your time and money in.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

For fans of LANY, their singer’s earlier works have leaked and some of them are worship songs. If you like worship music and LANY’s music then you’ll like these.

m9tt likes this.
  21. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Trenches single up on soundcloud

coleslawed likes this.
  22. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

New Slick Shoes is fire. Man, what an album...

Truth03 likes this.
  23. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Like....it's so good! I can't stop listening. Was never a HUGE Slick Shoes fan and I'm in love with this album. Feels like high school again.

24. Truth03

Slick Shoes Rotation and Frequency is the best "punk" record in ages. They killed it on this one. Start to finish it is amazing. Way to go Slick Shoes.

25. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I’m really digging the new Gray Havens ep.