Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Christian Music Thread Genre • Page 70

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 31, 2016.

1. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

yeah you had me at Paper Route

2. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I feel like this isn't the only place to ask this but does anyone remember these guys?

[​IMG]

bachna84 likes this.
  3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

these dudes are so good.

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  4. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I listened to them today. And it was beautiful. Absence and The Peace of Wild Things are so good beginning to end.

SmashRipsaw and chhholly123 like this.
  5. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I bring them up all the time. I loved these guys and think they were super underrated. Their second album was also a blast.

bachna84 and estebanwaseaten like this.
  6. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I had such a fun time listening thru the self-titled yesterday, it was a nostalgic ride. I don’t know what did it, but reading through some of the comments in here reminded me of them and it’s like I had completely forgotten they existed for 10 years. I’ll check out their follow-up also!

bachna84 and aspeedomodel like this.
  7. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

liked these guys a lot! that album cover though...:speakno:

aspeedomodel and estebanwaseaten like this.
  8. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

It’s something alright haha

bachna84 likes this.
  9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I love the DVD that came with this album. I never listened to their others, but this really captured that heavy post-rock, post-hardcore sound that I adored when it came out.

Long time reader of IVM - I think I discovered My Epic through you. Good to see you here.

10. Lucas27

Trusted

I just put out three new songs (two singles and an instrumental) off of a record I'm working on. I would love to hear your thoughts.

awakeohsleeper and SeeTheLights like this.
  11. wood&wire

just one of those ghosts

Really enjoyed this! I've listened a few times and "Good God" has continued to resonate each time. All three tracks are excellent!

Lucas27 likes this.
  12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Had my first listen today. Again, very impressive, very accomplished. I like the intimacy and the emotion. I really like your voice. I look forward to Part II later on. Well done again!

Lucas27 likes this.
  13. Lucas27

Trusted

Thank you guys!!

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  14. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

New John Lucas EP out today for anyone interested

Gooddayz likes this.
  15. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Nice. I love John Lucas

whitenblue88 likes this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Really intrigued to see what this is...

Re-recorded album so they can repress it to vinyl (I'm thinking like Emery re-recording I'm Only A Man at the moment)?

No idea! Either way, I'm excited.

17. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Solid State just did a re-release last year I think. Unless they're doing some deluxe kind of package...

18. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Potentially a new band? That doesn't make much sense but I was really hoping for a new song announcement based on how things had been moving for them. The interviews that Matt did with them indicated they were all back together and making new music, no?

19. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

20. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

coleslawed likes this.
  21. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Still Jimmy!

Tim likes this.
  22. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  23. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

The Death of All Mammoths they posted years back was heavy.

i think it's been 10 years now since the original Kickstarter for this album, which is wild. missed out on it then, would have been cool if they re-opened it back up to help continue to fund it.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  25. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Another Beloved tease post that sounds very much like new music is coming Friday. But who knows with the way they're wording everything on these captions haha.