Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Christian Music Thread Genre • Page 68

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Lucas27

Trusted

@Chase Tremaine, DENS, NAMO, Starflyer, Lightworker, Off Road Minivan, Nate Parrish, Emery, and Tyson Motsenbocker are all great. I need to get more into the Tigerwine record and I will say RED's newest is a guilty pleasure for me...

Chase, DENS, and NAMO are all in my personal top 10 of the year so far.

2. Gooddayz

always and forever

Ngl Red's cover is pretty cringe, but hey maybe the music ain't so bad. :p

Tyson Motsenbocker's debut was really good, haven't given his new one much of a listen thou. Just gave Tigerwine another listen and there is a lot to like here. Good vocal harmonies and instrumentation.

I think @awakeohsleeper already knows about Emery! :teethsmile:

Dang I haven't heard about a good chuck of these either. I've tried to focus more on artist I already enjoy rather than listen to everything this year. Are these all from the Christian indie scene?

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  3. cyclones_37

I built this vessel and it could capsize anytime Supporter

Not sure if anybody listened to The Elms back in the day but they are putting out all four albums together on vinyl. So excited to finally get all these. Still one of my favorite bands I've ever seen live.

The Elms: The Complete Studio Albums

[​IMG]

coleslawed and mmhmm like this.
  4. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Ohhhh man, The Chess Hotel was one of my favorite albums back in the day.

5. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

So great. Thanks for the link.

6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It took me about 10 minutes to find NAMO then. It came coming up with the Indian PM - Namo is apparently his nickname. Just found this song and it's really nice:

What's your favourite from this album? I'm extremely tempted to splash out. If I can find the website...!

Emery? Never heard of them.

And yes, they are apparently all Christian artists.
    I had never listened to The Elms before, despite seeing the name here and there. Always nice to check out a band I should have heard many years before.

7. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

That NAMO song is good. Going to check out the rest of the album now.

8. cyclones_37

Their first two albums have some really good songs but the last two albums are so great. If you really want to hear them at their best check out their live show. I really wish they would stream their final live show album but this one is great too.

9. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

The Elms "Promises" is so good. Hard to believe that song didn't get included on a studio album. It's cheesy but such a catchy fun song.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. cyclones_37

Oh yeah that song and so many off their Sidetracked and Stoppin on a Dime b-side albums could have been included. The Workingman and The Bastard's Son are two of my favorite songs

mmhmm likes this.
  11. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

A little bummed they didn't include the Sidetracked compilation with the other albums but maybe they'll press it someday.

12. cyclones_37

That would be great, or if they pressed their final live show. Although that would have to be its own box set since it pushes 3 hours

mmhmm likes this.
  13. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Curious if the decision to press vinyl is tied in with a yet-to-be-announced reunion? They certainly seem more active lately with official releases.

14. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I really loved their first album. Others didn't really stick with me, but they were a fun band for sure.

Also, did anyone see Tooth and Nail is teasing a "comeback album" people have been waiting for? Should be announced today/soon. Clip sounds a lot like Slick Shoes to me, guitar tone feels so distinct to me haha.

EDIT:

Looks like it is Slick Shoes? Pretty awesome, loved these guys!
    Rotation & Frequency Black Album Tee + Extraterrestrial Vinyl : TANR : Tooth & Nail Records

15. Lucas27

Trusted

"Thunder in a Blue Sky" is maybe my favorite song of the year right alongside Phoebe's "I Know the End".

It's a unique album. The music is all produced and curated by Asher Peterson, Andrew Peterson's son, and features a variety of local artists, but it all feels very cohesive.

Let me know what you think!

16. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Weren’t The Elms the band in the movie Saved?

17. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Wouldn't surprise me. Pretty sure they worked hard to shed the Christian label toward the end of their time. Wouldn't mind if they reunited. Talented band, solid songs.

coleslawed likes this.
  18. cyclones_37

They were supposed to be in it but backed out, totally forgot about that

JRShoenberger likes this.
  19. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

"Sweet Girl" is pretty chill. Kind of reminds me of Copeland.

Lucas27 likes this.
  20. Lucas27

Trusted

I love that one. The whole album might be the easiest album to listen to that I've heard all year.

21. allastud

Regular

hopefully this means all their records would come to streaming, up here in Canada they are not all up to be streamed.

22. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Been listening to the new Off Road Minivan a lot and man is a great release. Tooth and Nail is really on fire this year, Tigerwine was another hit for me. Excited to see what else drops.

23. cyclones_37

Already got my Elms vinyl today, fastest order ever! So excited to listened to their full discography front to back

24. SmashRipsaw Jul 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 17, 2020)
    SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

This Lifelong album came out of nowhere. Pretty solid melodic hardcore by some of the dudes from Confide.

mmhmm likes this.
  25. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

And another new Tooth and Nail signing. I LOVE this song.

awakeohsleeper and bachna84 like this.