Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Christian Music Thread Genre • Page 61

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 31, 2016.

1. JM95

Trusted

Some old gospel music to bring a bit of light during a pretty miserable time

wood&wire likes this.
  2. Gooddayz

always and forever

Found out Azusa has some new songs. I assume an album is in the works

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Gooddayz likes this.
  4. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Tooth & Nail signed Tigerwine. Never heard of them, but the clip sounds awesome. Going to stream some of their earlier stuff now.

Lucas27 likes this.
  6. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Go find some good stuff on Bandcamp today and support the artists. 100% of sales go to artists today.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Vinyl sale over at SMLXL Vinyl...Exclusive and limited vinyl records from DC Talk, Tobymac, Kevin Max, Switchfoot, Jars of Clay, Supertones, Five Iron Frenzy and others all 25% off through the weekend:

SMLXL Vinyl Exclusives

8. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

tigerwine is good stuff.

9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The Beautiful Mistake put their five song EP out yesterday if anyone is interested.

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  10. allastud

Regular

Solid EP

11. allastud

Regular

Started watching that Jeremy Camp movie and im like halfway through and no mention of Brandon Ebel or Tooth & Nail/BEC yet :(

12. aspeedomodel

To be honest, listening to the Labeled podcast has given me very mixed feelings on Brandon haha. He does not come across the best and that's his own podcast...

13. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

14. aspeedomodel

I never really got into that project for some reason. On paper, it's like perfect for me.

Wasn't Aaron w/ Copeland involved as well? I thought it was the two of them.

15. Lucas27

Trusted

Aaron did the production and a lot of the instrumentation for the first record.

All three albums are different. You should try each out. I think The Quiet Life is the strongest personally.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  16. Hey fam! A few of you might know this about me, but once or twice a year, I set aside a day to attempt to write and record an album in only 24 hours. I did it again on Saturday, and I was pleased enough with the overall results that I've decided to release 8 of the 9 songs I made to the world! So you can find them in the Soundcloud playlist linked below. It's become an increasingly helpful and fruitful challenge over the past 5 years of doing it, so if anyone wants to discuss the process, please let me know! I think it's a great thing for artists to try, and with the current quarantine, it might be something that more people can try now than usual. (I'm also posting these in this thread specifically because a few of these songs ended up being explicitly Christian, especially the last track, which was adapted from a poem my dad wrote.) I hope you enjoy!

awakeohsleeper and mmhmm like this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

No music related, but I felt that this was worth a share. lol

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  18. JRShoenberger

Trusted

A bunch of churches in my area got “together” to do this:

aspeedomodel likes this.
  19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

This is also “my area,” lol (well, I’m specifically in Aliquippa). Allegheny Center Alliance Church is a sister church to mine, as is Greensburg Alliance; Greensburg’s lead pastor is a friend & cool dude.

This kinda “let's get together & sing for encouragement” thing isn’t really my jam, lol, but it sounds good, & people seem to really be loving it, which is dope.

20. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Oh yeah. I know some people who go to ACAC. I go to Pittsburgh Mennonite, so this isn’t really our thing either. But it’s been going a bit viral around here.

21. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

What's everyone doing for Easter today? I'm assuming most of us are quarantined. My wife and I had a nice brunch with our roommates. Gonna watch our church's virtual sermon later.

22. aspeedomodel

Our church delivered communion yesterday, so we did a congregational Zoom communion after watching the video stream of the sermon.

Spent most of the day with kids hunting for eggs I hid in the house and making crafts for my son out of cardboard. I also bought a bunch of Xbox 360 games off Ebay haha.

Hope everyone had a blessed day.

23. Tim

More like Zoom-munion!

Com-Zoom-ion?

idk.

24. Tim

I had my church’s Facebook live streams from everyone’s homes, which was nice. And, I made some masked porch appearances at my brother’s house & my parents’ house, ‘cause I wanted to wish ‘em a socially responsible in person happy Easter.

The family whose basement I live in, their daughters gave me an Easter basket yesterday w/ a note wishing me a “goob estr,” which was adorable.

coleslawed and theagentcoma like this.
  25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Our church had been doing Bible study things over Zoom where the leaders gave a short thought and then put us into breakout rooms to discuss questions. However, yesterday for Easter they livestreamed from several houses a bit of worship, more of a sermon and pre-recorded testimonies. It was quite good. We're a smaller church in the UK so it's been interesting how they have used the resources that we do have well.

Also, did anyone see this from Facedown Records. My kind of resurrection soundtrack!!