Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Christian Music Thread Genre • Page 59

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Gooddayz

always and forever

Nice great track! Is this another EP or full length?

2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Full length.

Gooddayz likes this.
  3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

John Mark McMillan announced his eighth full length today. Titled ‘Peopled With Dreams’ it will be out on Valentine’s Day. He’s posted a link where you can sign up for a free download of the entire album on that day! Can’t wait!

coleslawed, Gooddayz and NitrateDawn like this.
  4. NitrateDawn

Regular

Whoa, that's amazing! Psyched

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  5. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Hm don't think I've ever listened to him. Adding to queue for morning commute.

6. NitrateDawn

Regular

Let us know what you think! He’s probably my favorite Christian artist around right now. (He’s the original writer/performer of How He Loves, if you didn’t already know.)

7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yes, he is in my top artists. I think since Borderland, everything he has put out has been marvellous. He’s hit a creative flow that has been a joy to listen to.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. aspeedomodel

Listening to Borderland and man is this great. Reminds me of something that I cannot place. Loving it.

awakeohsleeper and NitrateDawn like this.
  9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I think Borderland is still my favorite of his, need to give his most recent one another listen, though.

NitrateDawn likes this.
  10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Mercury & Lightning is my favourite studio album but I really think Live At the Knight is a gem of an album - I don’t usually like live releases that much (they can get old quickly) but that release captures the magic and energy of his performances, as well as the beauty of his music. Coming after Borderland, it really provides a good overview of his heart and sound. So I put that highest in my JMM rankings, haha!

Also, the live version of King Of My Heart with Sarah on that album makes me cry every time.

Gooddayz and aspeedomodel like this.
  11. SAAAAAAAAME

aspeedomodel likes this.
  12. Hilarious -- I also purchased John Lucas' album but haven't listened yet

13. The album is very good. The whole first half is basically more songs just like this and just as great.

Lucas27 likes this.
  14. Lucas27

Trusted

Album rocks the socks.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  15. Gooddayz

always and forever

Plus Live At the Knight pretty much has all the gems from his earlier stuff. Great snapshot of his career excluding M&L

coleslawed and awakeohsleeper like this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I am very excited for this new The Beautiful Mistake EP.

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  17. Furnace Fest is a contender for best line up of all time so far

awakeohsleeper and SmashRipsaw like this.
  18. Gooddayz

always and forever

Pretty sure I'm gonna go see Will Reagan on Friday!

19. aspeedomodel

Yeah, I'm legit considering driving up with some brothers due to the lineup. It is STACKED.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I didn’t realise The Classic Crime had a new album coming out. 28th February, preorders on their website.

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Did you go?

22. aspeedomodel

Yeah, I'm pretty excited. Been following somewhat the recording and so on. Loved the last album so definitely ready for more.

23. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

How on earth did I miss this?!

I think perhaps Matt has traditionally been on the BC podcast in advance so I’d hear an announcement there... that and the fact I don’t go on FB or Twitter anymore!

24. aspeedomodel

Yeah, they've been pretty active on their social media about it. To be honest, I don't follow Matt or BC podcast due to finding them difficult in large doses, but the band's Facebook is tolerable haha

25. NitrateDawn

Regular

Yeah I used to consider TCC one of my favorite bands but I wasn’t big on their last album and Bad Christian tends to annoy me. I’ll definitely check the new album though, the single sounds promising.