Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Christian Music Thread Genre • Page 51

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Blindside rules. Silence is a classic, & yeah, agree w/ the Great Depression being underrated. My favorite album of theirs might actually be With Shivering Hearts? Every release from A Thought Crushed My Mind on is really good, though.

Wonder if they'll ever release another album, or if any members will at least make another album under a new project.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  2. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Saw Blindside with Showbread and The Showdown right after The Great Depression came out. One of my favorite concerts ever.

3. Tim

Shoot, totally forgot about The Showdown. "A Monument Encased in Ash" was such a cool song.

awakeohsleeper and SmashRipsaw like this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

‘Pitiful’ by Blindside was my song in middle school. So good.

5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I had hopes that Christian's side project Lindforest would eventually put a full length or EP out but there is still nothing apart from those two songs and silence... lots of silence...
    Man, wish I had got to see that show.
    I love that song.

6. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I constantly go between About a Burning Fire (my entry into the band) and With Shivering Hearts as to which is my favorite. Shivering Hearts probably edges it most times.

7. EmoEmpire

Husband. Dad. One-Man-Band.

I'm a Blindside fan! Their debut album is my favourite! When I first heard their track "Sidewinder" back in the day, I was sold on Blindside from then on! (I think it's a b-side from the debut album era)

8. EmoEmpire

Husband. Dad. One-Man-Band.

9. Tim

It's weird, I think About a Burning Fire is in my bottom half of Blindside albums? Love it, has 2 different top 5 contenders in "Shekina" & the title track. But, when in the mood for that era, I go to my entry to the band, Silence. Still, it's a great album.

Funny how nostalgia colors taste, lol.

EmoEmpire and awakeohsleeper like this.
  10. Lucas27

Trusted

About a Burning Fire is my favorite. I need to revisit Blindside’s discography soon.

EmoEmpire and awakeohsleeper like this.
  11. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

See, and I can never finish Silence because I have no connection to it. Love a handful of songs but the album as a whole isn't for me.

12. Lucas27

Trusted

I will say, I don't think the hard rock genre gets any better than "Sleepwalking" though. That song owns.

Davjs and aspeedomodel like this.
  13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This little worship EP was released by Latifah Makuyi who is from Sheffield, UK where I live. I've met her a few times and she's a really fun person with a great heart and a great voice. One time we were at a BBQ and someone pulled out a guitar and made her play for us and it blew me away because her voice was so good.

Would love to hear what you all think of it:

On the first few listens I thought it was good, but it has really grown on me a lot. Particularly enjoy the last track. Nice to have a new and more unknown artist creating worship songs.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Regards

Formerly: Regards

I think of this thread/community from time to time. Popping in to say "hello".

Also the new Kings Kaleidoscope jams, but I'm sure most of you already know that ;-p

15. Lucas27

Trusted

I love it. You hear the new Citizens album though?

16. Tim

Who invited you? Get out.

lol.

I echo the above mention of Citizens. I haven't listened to the new one that much yet, but what I've heard is good, particularly "Looking Up." Really like the direction they've gone in.

Also, have you listened to the new Newsboys? As someone who was initially happy about Tait joining 'em 'cause I like his first solo album & obviously dc Talk more than classic Newsboys, but has been mostly disappointed by the entire Taitboys era... I'm happy that I actually like Newsboys United a lot.

17. Regards

Formerly: Regards

I have not! I'll have to check it out!
    You can't make me!

I haven't! Honestly, I don't listen to a lot of music at this point in my life, which is really weird considering where I used to be 10 years ago. (Is that how long ago it was when we all started chatting on ap?). I haven't listened to the latest from the Newsboys, but I really didn't enjoy their music with Tait, though if you're recommending it maybe I'll have to give it a listen!

18. Tim

Ha, yeah, it really has been a dang decade. So much has changed; a lot also hasn't. I certainly don't seek out new music like I once did, though I still have music in my life pretty regularly.

I certainly don't want to play up Newsboys United too much. It's certainly still a pretty safe Christian pop album. But, it has a certain feel that, while not full on old school or whatever, does have a certain feel that the Taitboys largely hasn't. It feels the way I originally wanted a Tait-led Newsboys to sound. Hearing both Tait & Furler in the same songs almost gives me a late-era dc Talk sensation.

19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I loved Looking Up, but had a quick listen to the rest of the album when it came out and nothing caught my attention like that song. I didn't really get the catchy, poppy vibes from the tracks I remember.
    You are always welcome. Don't listen to that Jesus Freak...! O:-)

20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Did anyone listen to this? She's just passed 100,000 streams on Spotify - pleased it's doing alright for an unknown independent artist.

21. Gooddayz

always and forever

Just listened to it. Pretty good! She has a nice full voice. I really liked Strong in the Fire and the closer

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The closer is definitely my favourite. Kath loves the second track.

Fun fact: we drove passed Latifah the other day so quickly put this EP on and wound down the windows. So childish but funny.

Gooddayz likes this.
  23. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Anybody here into Valleyheart? I've really been enjoying the album they put out last year. Lots of mid-late 00's T&N vibes.

Lucas27 likes this.
  24. Lucas27

Trusted

Valleyheart is fantastic. Everyone I’ve Ever Loved is one of my favorite albums of the last couple years. They were terrific live too.

EmoEmpire likes this.
  25. Tim

Lucas27 likes this.