Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Christian Music Thread Genre • Page 50

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 31, 2016.

1. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Happy Easter, everyone!

2. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Happy Easter, yinz!

3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

My friend just recommended Strahan. Anyone heard of him? This new song with JMM is pretty cool.

coleslawed and Gooddayz like this.
  4. Gooddayz

always and forever

I just realized Wolves At The Gate released a new song. It's good

Eric Wilson likes this.
  5. Lucas27

Trusted

New Citizens album you guys. It is just excellent.

6. Gooddayz

always and forever

Josh Garrel's finally released a new single too!

7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

big fan of Strahan, I think all of his older stuff is still on Noisetrade?

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve been listening to it on repeat. Excited for their album in July.

9. Gooddayz

always and forever

Listening to it right now. Out of Sight is amazing. Best I’ve heard them sound.

Lucas27 likes this.
  10. Gooddayz

always and forever

Oh it comes out in July? Looking forward to it!! I enjoyed their last LP even if it was a bit too long.

11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Aaaaaaahhhhhh! Too much new music!

Gooddayz likes this.
  12. Gooddayz

always and forever

Also Young Oceans finally compiled all the new songs as an album. It's good, but nothing has been able to reach the levels of their single Seems So Long from last summer. Seriously my definition of a creative worship song

coleslawed likes this.
  13. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Great rec.

Gooddayz likes this.
  14. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

New Newsboys United album is good. Not great. Best thing since Furler left, but still not on that level..

15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Yep the 26th I believe! Probably one of my more anticipated for the year as of right now.

Gooddayz likes this.
  16. Gooddayz

always and forever

Anybody here heard of Josh Engler?

17. aspeedomodel

[​IMG]

I listen to this album a surprising amount....

coleslawed likes this.
  18. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Huh, I've actually been really digging Newsboys United. Like, even after Carly Rae dropped the best album of 2019, I've still made time for some of those songs more than I'd have thought. I've listened to it this weekend a lot more than The National.

It just feels good to have an album w/ Michael Tait in a style that works for me. First one I've dug since Empty back in 2001 (even Lose This Life was hit-or-miss from what I recall). The Peter Furler & Phil Joel influence is really what the "Taitboys" were missing. Almost feels like what a dc Talk album would sound like in 2019. Definitely a bit safe, but uplifting w/ some decent choruses.

Also, in the weird place my head & heart have been in 2019... This kinda semi-nostalgic, simple, uplifting music is, frankly, just the kind of shit I want in my life right now, lol.

19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Looks like Warner released an acoustic version of Midnight by Blindside from their archives on Friday:

Any Blindside fans here? Can't believe With Shivering Hearts We Wait came out way back in 2011.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. NitrateDawn

Regular

Have to admit, I wasn't super feeling the new Mike Mains album at first, but after spending some time with it, it's really starting to resonate (and get stuck in my head more!)

JRShoenberger likes this.
  21. aspeedomodel

I love Blindside! Was never a huge fan of the earlier albums, but Shivering Hearts, About a Burning Fire and Great Depression were excellent.

I was actually listening to them earlier this week.

justin. and awakeohsleeper like this.
  22. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I agree. I’ve been really liking it.

Did you listen to his interview on the Labled podcast?

23. NitrateDawn

Regular

I did, it was great! It's interesting how pretty much everyone on the T&N roster grew up as T&N kids

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  24. JRShoenberger

Trusted

At this point that’s probably true. It’s an awesome legacy.

25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

After hearing they'd gone in a more poppy direction I was excited so streamed it a couple of times on Spotify. Whilst it was competent, it didn't catch me or engage me enough so I decided not to buy it. Glad you're enjoying it though.
    I'm actually in the same boat and prefer the later albums. The Great Depression gets a lot of criticism but it's also one of my favourites - those last two tracks are absolutely incredible.
    Yeah, I've been noticing that too. Loved that interview. I hope the current roster influence the next generation, but there's nothing that seems to be having the impact that bands like Underoath, mewithoutYou and the like seemed to have these days. I still long for the days where I had to buy anything T&N released because I knew I'd love it.

NitrateDawn likes this.