Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Christian Music Thread Genre • Page 48

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 31, 2016.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

WHEN CAN I PRE-ORDER?!!

2. Lucas27

Trusted

3. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

ONLY 6 1/2 easy monthly payments of $99.99

CALL NOW

Lucas27 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  4. Lucas27

Trusted

Gotta pay the bills. :crylaugh:

5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Zeal is so good!

6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Ooo, I need to give it a listen. I wasn't too keen on the first two singles but hopefully as a whole it hits me in the perfect way.

7. Lucas27

Trusted

Kings Kaleidoscope always takes a couple listens to really sink in, but first listen to this is so so good. Can’t wait to keep digging in.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  8. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Uhhhh yeah this album is so good

9. Gooddayz

always and forever

Interesting to see A Little Bit of Faith as the closer.. that song was underwhelming. Excited to check this out at work though!

10. azzy01

Regular

Yea, this is amazing all round.

11. Gooddayz

always and forever

I’m only on track four and wow this is amazing!! Hero Over My Head is already one of my favs

12. YES. I love it more now than I did then. I think it's a masterpiece.

Gooddayz and awakeohsleeper like this.
  13. I didn't care for the second half on my first listen, but I love it all now. The way the themes and sounds change over the course of the album is incredible.

Also, I got to interview the singer Chad this morning! That'll be on the podcast this Wednesday :clap::hearteyes:

14. Dropbox - Chase Tremaine - AIAD7 Supertrack.mp3

Once or twice a year, I attempt to write and record an album in a day. The past six times, I've tried to make big and full productions, but I always capped out at 6 or fewer songs in 24 hours. This time, I restricted myself to just acoustic songs, and I finished the day with eleven songs! The file above has them all bounced in a single track, for ease's sake. (Both mine and yours.) Here's the breakdown:

Album-in-a-Day Project, Volume 7
    Written & Recorded on April 4, 2019
    Song 1 - 0:00 - Work Together (pop/rock, 2:15am)
    Song 2 - 3:44 - Two Ghosts (indie folk/pop, 4:54am)
    Song 3 - 7:24 - Shock My Ears (pop/rock, 6:26am)
    Song 4 - 10:05 - Wings Not Made to Fly (narrative rock, 9:42am)
    Song 5 - 14:59 - Design Team Song (workplace comedy, 10:02am)
    Song 6 - 16:32 - Search for Myself (pop, 1:18pm)
    Song 7 - 19:52 - Settled in the Unsettled (folk/americana, 3:23pm)
    Song 8 - 23:16 - From Throne to Throne (alt metal/narrative rock, 5:44pm)
    Song 9 - 28:08 - Three/Four (experimental pop, 8:58pm)
    Song 10 - 32:14 - Four/Four (experimental pop, 10:18pm)
    Song 11 - 34:22 - Heart Reset (indie folk/pop, 11:59pm)

I'm posting this in a few threads (shameless self-promotion), but since I'm here, I'll mention -- it's been interesting to see how directly Christianity plays into these really quickly written songs whenever I attempt the album-in-a-day. For example, when I did it this past June (volume 6), everything was directly spiritual, singing Jesus' name, with one or two songs that could nearly be worship tunes. On yesterday's, the whole effort took a strong spiritual turn for tracks 6 through 8, which incidentally are also some of my favorites from the album.

(Also, some of you were here for my recent conversion to Switchfoot, and they definitely had an influence on these songs. I felt like I ripped them off strongly at least once, towards the end of track 4.)

Lucas27 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

New Facedown band:

16. Lucas27

Trusted

Just have to say Zeal is has definitely become one of my AOTY frontrunners. Can't get over how alive it is.

17. Gooddayz

always and forever

Seriously. Just goes to show how talented these guys are! What are some of your favs from Zeal?

18. Lucas27

Trusted

Aimless Knight right now. Incredible.

19. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Ditto on Aimless Knight

About To Break is a blast too, and I love how A Little Bit of Faith resolves the musical tension in Hero Over My Head

Gooddayz and Chase Tremaine like this.
  20. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Zeal is really good. I think think I like Beauty and Becoming better right now. But this one stands in its own really well.

whitenblue88 and Lucas27 like this.
  21. Lucas27

Trusted

That’s funny. Beyond Control is probably my favorite (at least until now). All their stuff is so consistent.

JRShoenberger and whitenblue88 like this.
  22. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Yeah this one and Beyond Control are my two favorites and the other 2 are still solid but aren’t things I go back to often

JRShoenberger likes this.
  23. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I can't believe we're getting a new Newsboys album w/ Furler and Joel. May have to pick one up...

24. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I like Beyond Control. But it never clicked with me like the other two did.

25. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Facedown is really branching out into new genres lately. Song is pretty catchy, not sure how I feel about it overall.

awakeohsleeper likes this.