Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Christian Music Thread Genre • Page 47

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Gooddayz

always and forever

You sir are a machine.

Will check out that episode on Progressive Christianity and Atheism. Sounds interesting even though I have no exposure to who Peter Enns or Jared Byas are.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  2. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Finally.

3. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

YAAAAASSSS!! I was just playing Ultraviolet today and hoping for this.

awakeohsleeper and Lucas27 like this.
  4. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Richard Rohr's is literally his talks from church. It's like any other church podcast but lower quality and the talks are only 10 minutes-ish as they're more homilies. It's good though.

I've listened to a few episodes of The Bible for Normal People too. Pete Enns is great and you learn so much.

I've not listened to many. I listened to one or two at the beginning and I think there was one about Underoath at some point. I still get their emails but they kind of turned me off a little bit. Would you recommend?

A machine, maybe. Ha, I just have a 30 minute walk to work every day so have started listening to a lot of podcasts. And I'm just about to move so my walk will become one hour in two weeks!

Peter Enns is a Bible scholar and very insightful. Would highly recommend his books. He particularly helps people who have been brought up in traditional, conservative backgrounds fall back in love with reading the Bible. I hope that's a good way of describing his work, ha. I think Jared Byas co-wrote one of his early books but is also a professor and a teaching pastor.
    YESSSSS!

5. Gooddayz

always and forever

One hour walk to work? Dang sounds intense. You really are a machine! ;)

I heard the episode and I can see what you mean. Makes sense for him to "specialize" in that and I really liked how he conducted himself. I'll have to check out more episodes. The one about orthodoxy and evangelism sounds real interesting

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

What releases are everyone looking forward to this year? I feel like I'm missing something. I can only think of My Epic that I'm eagerly anticipating.

7. SmashRipsaw Mar 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 5, 2019)
    SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I'm really excited to hear the new Comrades album. I think '68 is working on something, too.

8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Likely getting a new Kings K album!

Gooddayz and coleslawed like this.
  9. Gooddayz

always and forever

Kings K, John Mark McMillan and Young Oceans!! Josh Garrels suppose to be releasing something soon too

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I'll definitely check out '68 - presume they'll record after this UK/EU tour with POD and Alien Ant Farm (gutted to not be going to Saturday's show but I'm moving house!)

Still not got into Comrades.
    Totally forgot about that actually.
    Didn't realise JMM is putting out something new. That's exciting. I'm ready for a Josh Garrels album too. Home was fantastic.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The Sleeping Giant farewell documentary has just been released for free. Facedown have uploaded it to Youtube:

12. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

Citizens and Andy Squyres are also putting albums out soon. If you haven't heard Squyres' Cherry Blossoms, you should really give it a spin.

13. Gooddayz

always and forever

Kings K new album comes out in like a couple of weeks! April 5th to be exact

coleslawed and whitenblue88 like this.
  14. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

What a nice surprise!

Gooddayz likes this.
  15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I listened to the new song (A Little Bit Of Faith) but couldn't really get into it.

16. Finishing my second listen right now. It's pretty incredible.

17. Hey everybody -- I love the people in this thread, so I want to involve y'all for feedback in my current crisis.

I'm about to release music to iTunes/Spotify/the like for my first time and I'm having a cold feet freakout about whether to continue with my band moniker (Ours By Accident), go with a newer idea (Sonwriter, Happen & Paper, Tertiary, to name a few), or to use a variation on my real name (Chase Tremaine, Chase Alexander, Chase Alexander Tremaine).

DM me if you'd like to hear a preview of one of the songs to help you make a decision! :)

whitenblue88, Lucas27 and Finney like this.
  18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

So the first band I ever saw live was Beloved who played over here in the UK with Dead Poetic. They broke up shortly afterwards but I've always had a soft spot for Failure On and their EP and wish they had stuck around for longer.

Anyway, imagine my excitement when I discover an Instagram account has been posting photos over the last few days... is a reunion on the cards...?! Would love it if it's true. Any other fans?

19. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I still listen to "Failure On" pretty consistently. One of the best heavy albums of the 00s. I've been hoping for a reunion for what seems like forever.

20. Gooddayz

always and forever

I've heard that Beloved album mentioned a lot around here, but still haven't heard it. Did it age well?

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It aged very well to me. Still listen to it, still one of my favourite heavy records, still sounds great. Josh Moore has one of my favourite singing voices in music. They had three guitarists (six members) as well so I think the sound they created had an extra dimension compared to some of the other similar-era stuff. I know some people say that there's a disconnect with them between the sung bits and Joe Musten's heavy screamed bits, but I've personally never found it clunky and I loved their style. Wish we'd got more music than we did. The live DVD of their farewell show is well worth a watch if you ever come across it. I still watch it from time to time as it's such a phenomenal set.

22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

would love a Beloved reunion. Advent’s new stuff has been pretty killer, I’d be down to see what the softer side of the bands contributions would sound like.

tangentially related, whatever happened to Torn?

23. Lucas27

Trusted

New song up if anyone’s interested. As usual would love your thoughts! Hoping to have my album done in the next month.

Nosebleed

24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

YES! I like this song too. Can't wait for this album. I just love the chilled style and the gentle vocals.

Chase Tremaine and Lucas27 like this.
  25. Lucas27

Trusted

Thank you brother!!