Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Christian Music Thread Genre • Page 41

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Lucas27

Trusted

Honestly, not a ton. It’s more straight forward indie pop rock instead of that party sound they had going on Popularity. I think the danceable stuff is what made them click with people, so CTBY just got significantly less attention. I think it refined and diversified their sound though.

2. Gooddayz

always and forever

Yeah they just vanished without a trace. I feel like they didn't tour much either.

Which album you like more their debut or TIF?

3. NitrateDawn

Regular

I always liked A Burn Or A Shiver more, TIF has great stuff but as a whole isn't quite as strong to me. You?

4. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Decided to listen to No Sir, Nihilism is Not Practical for the first time in a while. Still holds up well.

5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Such a good album by such a good band.

Did you listen to The Bell Jar release earlier this year?

6. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I gave it a quick listen, but wasn't really into it. A bit too industrial for my tastes. Your thoughts?

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  7. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I really enjoyed the Bell Jar. Showbread were a very interesting band with quite the discography. Some albums I loved, some I couldn't finish.

8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

There were some aspects I really liked (like the addition of female vocals) but ultimately it didn’t have much staying power.
    Yeah the discography was so diverse. I loved all four Tooth & Nail releases (although Anorexia Nervosa is an odd one because, whilst some songs are great, it’s the story that makes it brilliant). I think their Come&Live releases were my least favourite. Just not really my thing as much as I know others love those albums. The farewell album was a great way to end, utilising all of those previous elements.

No Sir, The Fear Of God & Showdead are probably my go to records. Although I’ve been listening to Age of Reptiles a bit recently.

So all this to say, yes, diverse! Haha!

coleslawed likes this.
  9. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

Man, Let Go is such an incredible song. I gave Time is Fiction a ton of play over the years.

Gooddayz likes this.
  10. Gooddayz

always and forever

I'm actually not that familiar with ABOAS since I never bought the album, so definitely TIF for me. It's been a good minute since I heard ABOAS, gonna go change that. I already put on TIF yesterday since we were talking about it haha.

Never heard this record, but the title alone make me wanna listen to it.

Such a fantastic opener!

11. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

The Fear of God is criminally underrated. Probably my second favorite of theirs. Unfortunately, I couldn't get into anything they did after that.

12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Anyone checked out the new Lovelite album? I'm enjoying it.

They said this review on JFH really captures what they were going for. I agree.

Lucas27 likes this.
  13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Citizens are crowdfunding for their next album. It's fully funded with 15 days to go but there are some interesting stretch goals. I know a lot of people here loved their last album. I'm intrigued to see what they do now. The album is slated for an early 2019 release and they're partnering with Humble Beast to put it out (first non-hip hop release from them I believe).

Anyone already pre-ordered through Kickstarter? Anyone going to back it? Anyone excited?

14. Gooddayz

always and forever

Only song I know by them is Made Alive which is fun. I heard their newest one called Strength and Beauty and it's quite beautiful, total 180 in sound.

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

So excited for this!

John Mark McMillan has announced his Christmas album, titled Smile In The Mystery:

Baby Son Single:

Pre-order links here.

I have his three Christmas singles from the last few years and I have to say that they are some of my favourite Christmas songs, particularly 'Silent Night / Smile In The Mystery' - although it looks like the version here is a new one with Sarah McMillan featured.

Looks like there are 7 tracks in total.

16. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Wow, this is excellent. Got me all misty-eyed at 8AM, so that's nice.

17. Gooddayz

always and forever

Oh sweet Lord! John really has been a machine lately and holding up to his word. We will be getting a new album for sure next year!

18. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I hadn’t heard of them but really dig this. Thanks for the rec!

19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

20. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Personally, I’d go with establishing the idea that all individuals are made in the image and likeness of God and their rights are not given by government or rulers. But that era of metalcore is also an acceptable answer.

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

New Solid State band:

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

very interested

23. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Didn't get chance to post this on the 23rd but well done Tooth & Nail Records!

Gooddayz, coleslawed and NitrateDawn like this.
  25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I listened to the new Labeled podcast this morning - finally got chance to give it some attention. I actually enjoyed it. It was almost like listening to your Grandparents tell stories about when they were younger. It's part of your history that has technically formed who you are, but you haven't really got a clue about most of it. Just names and places that seem unfamiliar. But as I said, it's part of my history really - I just didn't come in until around 2003/2004.

Has anyone else listened?

On a separate note, Matt Carter mentions at the end that T&N are paying $1000 to make each podcast episode and that doesn't include his "many hours". Is that really how much it takes to put together a podcast episode? The only thing I can think of is rights to music used that didn't include T&N bands? The Patreon only has 40 patrons so far which doesn't surprise me at this stage... it was an interesting episode but it's not something I'd consider paying for at this stage when there are so many other podcasts around at the moment!