Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Christian Music Thread Genre • Page 36

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 31, 2016.

1. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Love me some Side Walk Slam! They were one of my favorite bands for years.

Also, throw back to Ace Troubleshooter singing "It's too bad she's only seventeen years old!" Like....wow.

2. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Side walk slam was the first band that was my “favorite band” that’s when I first started getting into T&N. And wow at those ace troubleshooter lyrics, was never into them, but wow

aspeedomodel likes this.
  3. aspeedomodel

Yeah, Side Walk Slam was huge for me...loved all 4 albums of theirs. Sad they never really blew up...

4. cyclones_37

I built this vessel and it could capsize anytime Supporter

Does anyone remember the tv show Skate (or was it Sk8 lol) that had Side Walk Slam's music on it? I almost certain that's where I first heard the band but I can't find anything on it.

5. Gooddayz

always and forever

Love Ivoryline and Vessels is great, but their debut is king for me. Glad to them get mentioned though!

That Number One Gun album is pretty great. Very nostalgic for me. His latest release from a couple years ago was good too. It's too bad he had that whole kickstarter scandal.

wood&wire likes this.
  6. NitrateDawn

Regular

Yeah that makes me feel verrrrry conflicted whenever I listen to them haha. Such a bummer

7. Lucas27

Trusted

This Is All We Know is still rad for me. I didn’t get into the other NOG albums much but that album is so good.

8. cyclones_37

This topic has me revisiting a lot of bands/albums I wouldn't necessarily put in my top 10 but still really like
    Children 18:3
    Brave Saint Saturn
    Waking Ashland
    Squad Five-O
    Plankeye
    Terminal
    The Wedding

coleslawed likes this.
  9. aspeedomodel

Waking Ashland were quite good. Nothing I was ever in love with, but definitely pleasant. Same with Terminal.

Loved me some Squad Five-O. Man what a great label...

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

What happened? How have I missed another scandal?!

11. Gooddayz

always and forever

Oh boy.. mentioning Waking Ashland reminded me of Sway Your Head by We Shot the Moon. I used to love that song haha.

12. Gooddayz

always and forever

I don't remember exactly, but he started a kickstarter and failed to deliver the packages he promised. Like it took him years to do so with minimal to no updates, so people thought they got scammed. It was pretty messed up

13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

14. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

^Really powerful video. They get better with every album.

15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Supernatural, dc Talk posted a full concert from the Supernatural Experience Tour (which had been released back in the day in truncated form). When I have time (not this week), I'll have to watch this. Toby's cowboy hat is really dumb, lol, but I like the clips I've watched in the past. If only I had been born just a few years earlier so I could've caught them live pre-"intermission"/breakup.

Until dc Talk finally plays music outside the confines of a cruise so that a lowly member of the proletariat like me can actually see them, I guess an old concert on YouTube will have to do...

coleslawed and awakeohsleeper like this.
  16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Gonna have to watch this later, thanks for posting!

17. cyclones_37

Will have to watch this soon, funny coincidence I've been listening to Welcome to the Freak Show this past week. dc Talk was the first band I loved and they really got me into music when I was a kid

18. Gooddayz

always and forever

On a random note does anybody here have an idea what process theology is?

19. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Yes.

20. Lucas27

Trusted

I just read about it for the first time recently.

21. Gooddayz

always and forever

What's the gist of it? I saw from a post in the Thrice thread that's been influencing Dustin. I've heard about it, but never looked into it.

22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

this tour was my my first ever concert. gonna have to sit down and relive my childhood with this.

Tim and Gooddayz like this.
  23. Lucas27

Trusted

Basically God is constantly changing with the world.

24. Gooddayz

always and forever

Gotcha. That makes me think of a lot more questions haha. If you don't mind saying, what's your opinion on that?

25. Lucas27

Trusted

The term “process theology” is new to me but the ideas aren’t at all. The foundational beliefs in process theology seem to wrestle with theodicy. It’s that classic argument that God can’t be all powerful and all loving if there’s evil in the world. Therefore, He has to be less powerful and subject to change as the world changes.

My opinion is that God makes a better case for Himself in the book of Job than any process theologian could dream of doing. Any Christian who believes God is changing (especially as they wrestle with God’s sovereignty) needs to read the entire book. Especially Job 40-42. One of my favorite sections in the entire Bible. The whole book has really helped me through a lot of intense trials. I also think it answers a lot of questions that we accuse the Bible of not answering, it just doesn’t answer the way we want it to. Which is the whole point of Job’s response in ch. 42.

Hope that made sense. What’s your opinion on it?

coleslawed and Kevin360 like this.