Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Christian Music Thread Genre • Page 31

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Tim, Mar 31, 2016.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Help! I'm looking for songs / poems about God's goodness... but not just generic worship songs. I'm looking for words that reflect on God being good or even question that goodness. Psalms essentially! But I can't think of any actual examples off the top of my head. Thanks fam!

2. Gooddayz

always and forever

Asaph by Loud Hard is bound to have a song on there about His goodness. Each song is modeled by a different Psalm I believe

coleslawed likes this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I just checked out Comrades’ latest album. Where have I been?

Lucas27, coleslawed and Nate_Johnson like this.
  4. Gooddayz

always and forever

I recently heard it too a couple weeks ago.

5. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

This is much more eloquent and well thought out than their previous statements. I can't say I disagree with what they're saying. It's unfortunate that in modern America, Christian = conservative hypocrite. I just wish they could see beyond that and realize that not all Christians are that stereotype.

awakeohsleeper and justin. like this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

What Aaron is saying is true. His outlook on his faith is very healthy.

awakeohsleeper and Nate_Johnson like this.
  7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah that was one of the first albums I thought of. The Nearness of You talks a lot about goodness. Good shout.

Gooddayz likes this.
  8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I NEVER LISTENED! I am very sorry! I think I saw it at work and then forgot to listen.

BUT I HAVE NOW LISTENED! And I really like what you've done. Great voice and nice guitar work. I'm a fan.

Lucas27 likes this.
  9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I think they'll know that not all Christians are that stereotype. They're still good friends with Matt & Toby from Emery / BCpod. I think they've just got to the point where it's unhealthy (or maybe even toxic in Spencer's case) to hold onto the labels.

As you say, it's much more eloquent and very helpful in understanding. There's a lot to learn from what Spencer said.

Agree with @justin. that Aaron's outlook seems very healthy. What he said does reflect some of my journey with faith over the last year.

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Sorry for so many posts in a row but this could be brilliant.

11. Lucas27

Trusted

Yay! I’m a worldwide phenomenon!!

*camera slowly pans to 41 Twitter followers*

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  12. Lucas27

Trusted

Seriously though, thanks brother!

13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Lucas27 likes this.
  14. Lucas27

Trusted

Dude thank you! World domination is my dream! Also, why am I on Cross Rythms I wonder? That’s so cool!

Well now we officially know each other’s names. The illusion is scattered. Life will never be the same from here on out.

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

You'll always be Lucas to me!

16. Lucas27

Trusted

Don’t blow my cover! Hahaha. You know what’s funny. I started going by Lucas on Indie Vision years ago because I was paranoid about not being anonymous and really loved the name. Now, no offense to Lucases out there, I’m not so huge on it. But it’s far too late.

17. Gooddayz

always and forever

How about Psalm 36 by Ascend The Hill? That one ten minutes though.. haha

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Hadn't thought of that one. They also have 'So Good To Us' from their last album. Thanks for thinking!

coleslawed likes this.
  19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m sure a few of you have seen this by now but Matt Greiner of August Burns Red did a drum cover of What A Beautiful Name and it’s sick.

Kevin360 likes this.
  20. Gooddayz

always and forever

That's another good one! I'm not too familiar with ATH, but they have some great songs.

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would download this on Apple Music if it was on there. It's like a better version of Chase Coy.

Lucas27 likes this.
  22. Lucas27 Jul 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 26, 2018)
    Lucas27

Trusted

Dude. I don’t even know who that is but thank you so much!! Haha.

Hopefully I can get this on Apple Music soon. I have a buddy who knows more about how that works so I’ll talk to him soon.

Putting out a new song Tuesday so I’ll share that here as well if folks are interested. Thank you! Seriously!

Edit: Just noticed your Atlanta United avatar. Niceeeee.

justin. and awakeohsleeper like this.
  23. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

John Mark McMillan is just blowing me away these days. One of my favourite albums last year and now his stripped down versions are stunning. The Mercury Sessions from a few weeks ago is brilliant and The Lightning Sessions is shaping up to be just as good.

He's teamed up with Jonathan David & Melissa Helser here. Two of my favourites combining and producing something wonderful. The end of this track is brilliant! I live for music moments like this.

24. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I have download codes for the latest releases from Dens, My Epic, and Comrades. PM me if you want any/all of them.

25. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Really enjoying the band Weathered at the moment. They have a new album out next month on Facedown. Definitely a different sound for the label, but I dig these guys. Some strong Manchester Orchestra/Brand New vibes.