Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chris Gethard Show (Fusion) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by joe727, Apr 29, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Right on! Tru is beconing a solid comedy channel

2. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

YESSSS

did he say if it's going to be hour format!?

3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Yupp, confirmed that they will be hour long. (I assume they'll have commercials now though)

Joel likes this.
  4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Have never seen this show before but I think the move to Tru will finally get me to tune in. Been meaning to watch this forEVER

Joel likes this.
  5. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

SO worth your time

suicidesaints likes this.
  6. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

This is the coolest, I've thought that Tru would be a great home for TCGS for a long time! So fucking stoked.

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I wish it could land on a channel that wouldn't censor them.

8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I'm so, so excited that he found a good home for the show.

9. Chuck!

Regular

You need to watch this episode ASAP. Stay out of the comments!

Vivatoto and suicidesaints like this.
  10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'll check it out this weekend. Thanks.

11. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Career Suicide is also now up on HBO for anyone who hasn't seen it. It's really, really excellent.

12. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I'm so excited to watch it tonight

13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yep, gonna get around to the special tonight, only heard glowing things.

14. 5Stories

Regular

I saw him do the show a couple months ago in London. Found it really funny and sweet and different. Have to admit I'm not familiar with TCGS but big fan of B/A. Haven't listened to it in a little while so got some catching up to do. He's such a perfect host for that format.

15. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

No torrents around yet :(

16. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, nailed everything I adore about him. Charming and vulnerable. His work means a lot to me and I definitely teared up a couple times there.

17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

This was great. Thanks for the rec.

Chuck! likes this.
  18. Chuck!

Regular

I ended up rewatching this with some friends this weekend, too

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

20. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Been a big fan of Gethard since I decided to go to the comedy part of Fest a couple years back, because I was hungover from the night before.

Finally hopping into this show, started with the dumpster episode posted in here earlier. Now I'm going back to the beginning of the Fusion run before hopping into public access.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  21. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

honestly, if you're serious about delving into this, start from the beginning of public access and work forward. you will learn so much about the cast and watch them grow as people which to me was invaluable

jjnunn118 likes this.
  22. jjnunn118

I ignored your advice and watched the Fusion run first because I have a friend who loved it and hadn't gotten to public access.

Man, this first public access episode is an absolute train wreck and the callers are insane and I love it. Wild to see the unorganized chaos after seeing the well oiled, organized chaos.

23. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

There's no right or wrong, just happy you seem to enjoy it! I watched the Night of Zero Laughs public access episodes on a recommendation and then skipped ahead to the Lena Dunham prom ep and was like "how did we get from that to this" and inmediately started from the beginning. Someone told me the first ten public access eps are basically unwatchable but I loved them - watching them figure it out on the fly and how uncomfortable it is and see them slowly find their footing is a lot of fun. Even when it doesn't work, if you like their personalities, it still works in my opinion haha. The first ep, is that the one where he is really mean to Dom? Such a disaster but I love every minute of it. I'm gonna probably watch it from the beginning myself so feel free to update your thoughts in here, hope you enjoy!

24. jjnunn118 May 26, 2017
    (Last edited: May 26, 2017)
    jjnunn118

That's the one! I lost my shit when the caller called in to play the Megadeth song after being hung up on earlier

Edit: Crying laughing at the fuckup ending!

25. jjnunn118

I love Random Jean

VanMastaIteHab likes this.