Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chris Gethard Show (Fusion) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by joe727, Apr 29, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah, the finale was fucking absurd

2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Just saw that it was up and came to post about it haha, can't wait to watch tonight.

3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

joe727 likes this.
  4. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

I would watch every single day if that happened.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  5. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

the diddy episode is so absurd

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It's kind of a bummer that Fusion isn't in HD. It's better to wait for the youtube stream since it'll be way better quality.

I know it's a petty thing to bitch about, especially considering how rough some of the public access shows looked but it's not a great sign for a network when I'd rather watch their content for free online than on TV

7. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Fusion also isn't available on Comcast or Time Warner Cable, the two biggest providers in the NYC/NJ area. I hate that I can't watch the show when it airs.

8. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Finally got internet, starting public access from episode one.

9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Update with thoughts as you go along! (First episode is very very rough but it is immediately better in episode 2)

10. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I know someone posted in the first page that the first ten are unwatchable but I loved the first episode haha. I decided I want to take the beginning, flaws and fuck ups that come along with it, and watch as they figure it out

I find Chris to be such an endearing and likeable guy

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I miss the public access shows so much. The new show tries, but really doesn't capture that "anything can happen, total disaster just around the corner" feel. My favorite episode only happened because they couldn't get the studio lights to work haha

12. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I miss it too. Excited for his 12 hour election special to happen on MNN again this year though!

13. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit, I'm off work at 3 that day, amazing. Do they actually follow the race and talk politics or is it just an excuse to do a really long show

14. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Mostly an excuse for a really long show but it's definitely political themed and they do follow results when they remember to check lol. Gethard said he's invited over 40 NYC comedians to come do bits this time, so I'm sure there will be a lot of political material in there. The thing is election results don't really come in until the evening so there's not a lot to talk about for the first 6-8 hours except asking callers who they voted for/why. And then by the time there are real results everyone is so exhausted it just becomes chaos. The first one had musical guests and stuff too, I can't wait to see it this time.

15. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit, the feud with Gurr Stevens and the guy that keeps calling in pretending to be Gurr but fucking up the name and talking about wrestling across multiple episodes

Also, after seeing a few later scattered episodes it is awesome to see the evolution of Alyssa haha. Random Jean is so great, I can't believe she returns so faithfully week after week. Having so much fun with this.

VanMastaIteHab and joe727 like this.
  16. joe727 Oct 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2016)
    joe727

The evolution of Alyssa is one of the coolest things to watch in this show. She literally went from being just some bored teenage comedy fan calling in every week to a series regular working behind the scenes. She's currently a pretty successful improviser at UCB now from what I understand.

Also love watching evolution and growing up of Andre from Massachusetts. His call during the public access finale was one of the sweetest moments of the entire show.

17. joe727

Random Jean is probably top 4 randoms for me along with Messenger Bag, Frodo, and Maxine. I loved watching her go back and forth with Shannon.

Messenger Bag is the best random they ever had though hands down. That's another person whose evolution was cool to see, he went from just some random guy who showed up to a taping because he was new in town and looking for stuff to do, ends up the most entertaining character on the show for awhile, and then becomes the guitarist in the house band.

18. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I saw Alyssa's sketch comedy group, Three Busy Debras, a few weeks ago and they were great. So cool to see her doing cool stuff these days.

19. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Fifteen episodes of public access in seven days haha. So tempting to plow through but gonna be so bummed when it's all over

20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I've been watching 1 hour of the last 12 hour election special every day leading up to this year's. I hadn't watched it in so long, some of this is absolute gold. I love that people kept sending increasingly weirder things to the studio.

21. joe727

Everytime I see this thread bumped i'm expecting to see the announcement that it's canceled. I've been waiting them to make it official ever since Fusion got bought by Univision. You know it's coming eventually.

22. joe727

Will try to watch as much of the 12 hour election coverage as I can.

Does anyone know if they're going to do Sandwich Night on MNN again this year? Watching that the night before Thanksgiving has become a tradition for me the last few years.

23. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah they're doing sandwich night.

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I feel like I'm the only TCGS fan in the world who doesn't enjoy watching sandwhich night. I'm sure it's fucking great if you're there, but those are some of my least favorite episodes.

But god damn I love some sandwhiches

25. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I did go one year and can confirm it's the most magical thing in the world. I also ate so many sandwiches I almost threw up.

joe727 and I Am Mick like this.