Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chris Gethard Show (Fusion) TV Show • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by joe727, Apr 29, 2016.

1. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Chris has been saying a lot of stuff recently about how much of a toll the show is taking on him this year and how busy he is constantly. I’m worried that it’s nearing the end.

2. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

He also has a new book coming out, does his podcast, and guests on so many other podcasts. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's burning out. I can see this half of the season being the last episodes of the TruTV era.

Or, the show gets renewed (which I think stresses him out more than anything judging by the 'Make the Show Popular' episode theme and so many of his comments), and Chris takes the summer off and comes back energized and motivated. Who's to say? I don't think TCGS will ever fully die. It may get funding by YouTube or something. It might go back to cable access. It may just become a monthly UCB Theatre thing. Regardless, it's the purest expression of Chris's creative ambitions and he'll never fully quit on it.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  3. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I also hope that TruTV keeps giving Chris money to do crazy bullshit forever. I may have to watch it through weird internet ways because I'm in Canada but this is the best TCGS has been since Public Access and I enjoyed the hour-long Fusion season thoroughly.

4. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

To triple post like a dick, WHERE?!?!?!

5. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I found them on IPT (a private tracker) but I'll take a look and see if I can find 'em for ya when I have a second!

6. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

7. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

YAY ALYSSA

DeathOrGlory likes this.
  8. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

So cool, I saw a Three Busy Debras show a few years ago and they were great.

Also Chris’s new book got officially announced, coming out in October and pre-orders are up now.

9. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Very stoked for this pot brownie episode tonight.

10. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

can't wait to watch it in probably a few weeks lol

11. Matt May 8, 2018
    (Last edited: May 8, 2018)
    Matt

Living with the land Supporter

OH MY
    GOD

CHRIS IS IMMEDIATELY SO HIGH

12. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

THEy ALL ARE

13. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Does anybody know a way someone in Canada can watch that episode? I've checked all the streaming and torrent sites I could think of, and it's not available to buy in Canada... but I need to see Chris stoned so if anybody can help I'd be soooo grateful

14. jjnunn118

That episode was absolutely insane haha

15. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I could not stop giggling through that entire pot brownie episode, so good.

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

That was good stuff

17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Ten minutes in and already completely dying from this episode. Early guess: it was immediately obvious that Chris is high, as soon as Shannon started talking 100% seemed like she was too, so definitely the two of them. I could also see an end of episode swerve being all four of them - Sasheer hasn't said much but might be the quiet high type, Nicole is always so outgoing and wild that it's harder to tell for her.

18. jjnunn118 May 16, 2018
    (Last edited: May 16, 2018)
    jjnunn118

Hahahaha I love the little cameos so far in this episode, I really hope this continues!

Edit: ok so I skipped watching this episode live because of the New Girl finale, so Jake realizing that the finale was on at the very moment he was on this show had me in tears!

19. jjnunn118

If this was the final episode, it was perfect and so many moments made me tear up!

Stellan on Skype, the parade of unused characters, Phil Jackson, Chris's last speach culminating in the old outro and the crowd singing "the human fish loves cock" on live television!
    This has been such a special ride and I hope this isn't the end.

20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Really, really great finale. As a longtime public access follower, if this is the last of the show we get I’m just glad that it lasted this long. Feel like they accomplished something really cool, especially in the Trutv episodes, and it will live on forever.

21. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I'm getting a 'Lose Well' tattoo.

22. jjnunn118

Same, need to figure that out

DeathOrGlory likes this.
  23. jjnunn118

Was just scrolling through Facebook and a Gethheads post popped up. Apparently there are a bunch of people in on a tattoo pact haha

24. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Ayyyyyy I'm part of GethHeads and commented on that post!

25. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I am guessing this doesn't bode well for the show