Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chorus Music Club Society • Page 413

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by The Black Parade, Nov 20, 2017.

1. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

So Good

2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

mescalineeyes, Davjs and skurt like this.
  3. I'm on a Phantom Planet kick since the news of their secret show on Saturday. This is such a great and underappreciated band. Reinvented themselves with every album. If you haven't explored them beyond California, do yourself a favor!

Pop rock perfection:

Garage rock banger:

anonimito and Nate_Johnson like this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I always wanted a second Elevate: I Am record and this just may be close enough. Very excited.

Davjs likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

I'm so stoked we get Joe screaming on another album! Both ASL and Elevate were too short lived!

disambigujason likes this.
  7. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

8. BTDandFeelingThis

Hope all of the old clubinites are doing well these days

9. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Sleek beak so good here.

10. GBlades

Trusted

Doing gooooooood. Hope all's well!

11. BTDandFeelingThis

All is very well man! Been far too long

skurt and anonimito like this.
  12. BTDandFeelingThis

Hey btw any clubites hanging around consider helping our friend teebs’ band Out Of Service (Who You May remember my review of Back in our active days) make their next album!
    Help Out of Service Record a New Album!!!

13. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

14. BTDandFeelingThis

Very possible!!

Nate_Johnson, anonimito and teebs41 like this.
  15. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Nice to see the thread bumped! Hope everyone is doing okay in the new year. I am so far behind in new releases and life is just all consuming but I have had a chance to see two shows so far: Andrew McMahon and Copeland. Back to back weekends for that matter!

I have been compiling a sort of best of but I am definitely not the best person to give out recommendations.
    Check these out if you are interested:

Old Sea Brigade: Ode to a Friend
    WristMeetRazor: Misery Never Forgets
    Tallies: Tallies
    The End of the Ocean: -aire
    Seagulls: Thrown Voice
    Emarosa: Peach Club
    Ithaca: The Language of Injury
    Downfall of Gaia: Ethic of Radical Fortitude
    Rosetta: Sower of Wind
    Copeland: Blushing

P.S. Yes! Please support Out of Service!

16. GBlades

Trusted

I still find myself going back to the Gang of Youths and Senses Fail recs I got months back. I miss this thread.

17. I'll second @Nate_Johnson's recs of Old Sea Brigade, Emarosa, Rosetta, and Copeland.

So far a lot of my favorite albums of the year have been ones that haven't received much attention on the site, so if anyone cares to check out some stuff, these are worth your time IMHO.

Tyler Hilton - City on Fire
    Great alt-country album with a nice mix of singer-songwriter fare and more soulful rockers.

Small Talks - A Conversation Between Us
    Female-fronted indie/pop/alt rock that is super infectious. I had these songs stuck in my head from first listen. Just bummed that I missed out on the hand-number and signed vinyl limited to 100!

The Twilight Sad - It Won't Be Like This All the Time
    Scottish indie rock band that I was only vaguely familiar with before this album. Apparently The Cure worship is their M.O. and they don't disappoint here, with a bunch of stadium-ready tracks infused with electronic flourishes and a dark/gothic atmosphere.

Cassettes - Wild Heart
    This is just fun pop rock that kind of reminds me of the stuff you would hear on alternative radio in the '90s/early '00s.

White Lies - Five
    Another band that's been around for a while but this is my first time really digging into an album of theirs. This is an ambitious synth-rock album and most of the reviews seem to cite New Order and Joy Division, which are pretty good comps. It starts off with a 7-minute track that is the weakest on the album IMO, but the rest is killer.

Chain Wallet - No Ritual
    A shoegazy, kind of eerie dreampop album. Not usually my preferred genre, but this has some great grooves and hooks with more bite than most of what I've heard from this scene recently.

Nate_Johnson and anonimito like this.
  18. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I think it would be cool to trial the weekly recommendation from someone and then we all comment on it. Would people want to have a discussion about the Copeland record since it’s fresh and quite beautiful? If not, no worries!

19. GBlades

Trusted

Always up for Copeland.

anonimito and Nate_Johnson like this.
  20. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

What are everyone’s favorite songs so far? I’m kind of partial to the pre release tracks since they played them all live at the show. Also, Skywriter with Aaron on the piano by himself is mind blowing.

anonimito likes this.
  21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

P. S. I don’t want to steal the thunder of the band thread so maybe this isn’t the best album! Haha

anonimito likes this.
  22. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

23. Davjs

Trusted

BTDandFeelingThis and bachna84 like this.
  24. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I hate good music.

I miss this thread.

25. BTDandFeelingThis

Micool1, teebs41, bachna84 and 2 others like this.