Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chorus Music Club Society • Page 405

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by The Black Parade, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I am SO sorry. There is therapy for that.

2. Davjs

Trusted

Well that's perfectly fine. Even though it comes off as hyperbole saying that 1 song out of 7 albums makes you embarrassed to say you are a fan or that it's the worst song you've heard when we both know there is so much pure trash out there, that's perfectly ok to have that opinion.

Still doesn't make the comment about butt rock (gah, hate that term) towards me make any sense. 1975 sounds over produced, poppy and synthesized vocals to me and it's just not a style I like. That is all my friend

3. Davjs

Trusted

As the site's Nickelback fan, I didn't even listen to the last 3 albums from them because even I couldn't take what they were putting out. I really don't think any therapy can help.

anonimito and Nate_Johnson like this.
  4. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

What about this Therapy?

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

#horrifyingthumbnails

6. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

You’re their #1 fan because you put in the service hours

anonimito, Davjs and Nate_Johnson like this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

Maybe it was just because I listened to them all when I was young and it was a place in time, but I don't see anything bad with their first 3 albums and just like bands like Creed and Limp Bizkit, I don't remember there being any real backlash until wwaaaayyyyy later. Like revisionist history.

8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Album No. 5:

The Comfort .png

The Comfort: What It is to Be

The Comfort are an alt rock band from Australia and this is their debut record. They do a great job of towing the line between alt rock and post hardcore. They blend elements of bands such as Boston Manor, etc. and the harmonies between the two vocalists is superb. The production on the album is great and really lets the entire band shine and has an almost "shimmery" vibe to it that is hard to explain. Lyrically, front man Liam tackles a ton of personal topics about overcoming adversity and addiction. It's a very easy record to connect to and is very accessible. I hope to see a lot more from this band in the future.

On a side note, this is another band that I discovered earlier this year from the user Dreambound on YouTube, where I also found Windrunner. The music they promote on the site is fantastic and there is something for everyone.

RIYL:
    Alt Rock
    Some Post-Hardcore

9. ugman_2000 Dec 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 5, 2018)
    ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I think Nickleback turned into the band to shit on from about The Long Road/All The Right Reasons. I remember both The State and Silver Side Up being met fairly positively. I think basically it boils down to their over saturation around that time and the simplicity of their music compared to what was big around then. Then that hate kinda just stuck with them after that.

I don’t mind a lot of the early Nickleback stuff, it’s solid radio rock. I kinda lost track of them around Dark Horse though. There’s definitely a lot worse bands out there and if it was easy to do what Nickleback do then we would’ve had a lot more successful bands like them.

anonimito, Davjs and Nate_Johnson like this.
  10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Wait, isn't it me that always had opposite opinions with @Davjs about the best songs from bands? What happened this year?

anonimito and Bad Frequencies like this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

It's been a crazy year!

12. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah I agree, it was with All The Right Reasons that they released Rock Star which is a terrible song that made it huge, and it felt like they just made sure to keep releasing songs in that vein from that point on.

anonimito and ugman_2000 like this.
  13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Sounds intriguing

14. I really liked this album. Was surprised it didn't get more run around these parts.

15. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Agreed. I think they are a band that I could see a lot of people on the site really enjoying.

16. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve not heard this, I’ll have to check them out.

17. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Seems like a good time to mention Even The Trees. Their debut record comes out on Friday but it's been streaming early all week on YouTube. I've only played it once so far but I thought it was a pretty solid post-hardcore release overall. This Ends Now in particular hits hard especially in the second half and the production for an uber small diy band is actually not terrible which is a nice surprise.

If Only Every Day Could Be Like This, by Even the Trees

18. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The two songs I heard sound really promising. I look forward to Friday.

19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I'd say you'll def like the rest of it then. It's a little long but maybe it's because I was working while l was listening to it but I didn't mind the length too much. The closer is an epic length but ya it's a pretty satisfying record overall. A nice throwback to post-hardcore bands of the 2000's which when done right I still do very much like. Gatherers, Sparrows and Thousand Below being other examples.

bachna84, Nate_Johnson and anonimito like this.
  20. Colin Your Enthusiasm

The closer in length is comparable to Timothy by As Cities Burn off of Come Now Sleep.

bachna84, anonimito and Nate_Johnson like this.
  21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

That isn't bad. If it keeps your attention then it's totally understandable.

22. Davjs

Trusted

Wow! Thanks guys!

Dude those 2 songs are killer. Such a good sound.

3 songs in and this is my style haha. Their drummer is crazy good!

23. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Glad you like it. Check out the whole album when you have time.

anonimito likes this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

Will do! I can't turn off this Even the Trees album though so maybe afterwards :-)

Sidenote: I love that I always end up liking anything you recommend me though.

anonimito and Nate_Johnson like this.
  25. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Great minds think alike!

anonimito and Davjs like this.