Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chorus Music Club Society • Page 382

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by The Black Parade, Nov 20, 2017.

1. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

It’s not actually an official rule. Recommend to your hearts content

anonimito, Nate_Johnson and teebs41 like this.
  2. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

It’s very rare I recommend an album more than once. I finally decided to repeat an album rec this week and it turned out it was @bachna84 I gave it to in the first place haha. So yeah that’s why I don’t tend to repeat recs lol.

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I just give people a couple of choices normally. Gives them a chance to check out something I put as an option that they have been meaning ti listen to.

4. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

This is usually what I do. You’ve been partnered with me you know my process. I let y’all narrow down the choices for me lol

anonimito and Nate_Johnson like this.
  5. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that’s what I generally do too unless I’ve got a certain album in mind for someone.

anonimito, bachna84 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  6. GBlades

Trusted

I've got the next 100 planned. Me and Excel had a damn good night one night....prepare to have some damn mixes of genres between each week.

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

So tonight I am seeing Creeper, who normally do 2-3k cap venues, in a small 200 cap barrierless room half hour from me, and they are playing a lot of old songs. Pumped for Black Mass, Honeymoon Suite, Black Cloud and VCR.

[​IMG]

I may die.

8. GBlades

Trusted

That's a pretty good setlist, Creeper would put on a fantastic show!

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah they really do! This is my 9th time seeing them in fact. The last time I saw them in a venue that small was early 2016.

Just had Astral Projection come on shuffle and BOI I AM HYPED.

10. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

That Setlist is insane, loads of old songs. We Had a Pact, Black Mass and Astral Projection will kick off. Also I think I've seen only seen them play Henley's Ghost once before 9first time I saw them) and I've seen them loads over the last 3 years.

Anyways have fun mate.

bachna84, SamLevi11 and anonimito like this.
  11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Thank you, I will report back tomorrow with a short review and an injury update.

anonimito, bachna84 and ugman_2000 like this.
  12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't even see We Had A Pact.

Holy. Fuck.

13. GBlades

Trusted

I'm sure they will blow up shortly so see them in a small venue whilst you can!

Just had a look and they aren't playing Scotland which is pretty sucky.

anonimito and bachna84 like this.
  14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

They already play 3k cap venues so this is already a treat. I honestly expect they'll be on arenas by album three!

Also seeing them at Reading Festival on Friday!

15. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Tbf these shows are a couple of small warm up shows for Reading and Leeds Festival, so it wouldn't make sense having a show up Scotland way. Hopefully they'll be back up your way soon though.

16. GBlades

Trusted

Yeah it's understandable. A full UK tour would be great but I don't think there's even many places here that they would go to anyway.

17. ugman_2000 Aug 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 21, 2018)
    ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I think after these shows that they'll probably go silent for a little while to get the new album done, then most likely early next year they'll do the album rollout and a massive uk tour.

18. GBlades

Trusted

Sometimes our bands in the UK are just fucking fantastic.

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah the UK scene is KILLING it. Trash Boat's new album, Boston Manor's new stuff sounds Daisy-era Brand New inspired, and Creeper are ALWAYS fantastic and I'm very pumped for new music.

Hoping Woes bring out their debut album soon too as their two EP's are brilliant.

20. GBlades

Trusted

Never heard Woe's or Boston Manor. The Daisy-era BN stuff would be good to check out. Hunter & The Bear and The Struts are doing well too.

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Boston Manor's last album is fantastic. Alt rock leaning pop punk, and the new stuff is pushing the darker elements much further to the fore.

Woes are fairly normal pop punk but it's incredibly well written for a band only a year or two old.

I haven't heard either of those bands though.

22. Nate_Johnson Aug 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 21, 2018)
    Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Let’s not forget bands like Shame, Idles, The Maple State, Palm Reader and Svalbard.

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Palm Reader are great, although not my normal thing. I saw Idles a while back supporting someone and thought they were pretty good. The others I haven't heard yet.

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like we should have a thread on this forum for the UK based scene and to share bands.

25. GBlades

Trusted

Adding those to the list also, going to need to check these out after I write up the reviews I owe. Gang of Youths are just a national treasure though.

I recommended them as part of the trades here (can't remember exactly who to right now) but they are fantastic.
    I'll check the bands out when I get home!