Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chorus.Fm Users Definitive Albums List • Page 46

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by phaynes12, Sep 29, 2020.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

This kind of attitude towards discovering music always leads people to the best shit IMO.

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I am listening to Debut by Bjork

phaynes12, Cody, zmtr and 3 others like this.
  3. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Linear notes are cool for this reason.

4. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I will make an effort to listen to the top five albums from the final list.

5. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Absolutely. Dan Fogeberg’s The Innocent Age has a “thank you” section that’s just all musical artist. Basically homework for me

6. amodelofconsistency

I'd say Transatlanticism and Clarity for me. Both were the first album I heard from each band though so I am sure that plays a role as the emotions I have tied to them are very strong. Jimmy is also my favorite band so there is that.

7. Lol funny memory, I heard Transatlanticism for the first time when I saved up a bunch of Coke points and ordered the CD

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

My mind read that as “when I did a bunch of coke”.

9. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Has anyone thought about doing a separate list for EPs? If I did I would definitely include Trophy Scars' Never Born, Never Dead. Man, what a collection of songs.

10. tomdelonge

Trusted

Not EPs, but I made a list of my 50 favorite MP3s

Thrillcollinz likes this.
  11. soggytime

Trusted

I put Transatlanticism as #1 on my ballot

12. Transatlanticism is cool but have you ever gone down a rabbit hole of Bjork live performances from the mid-to-late 90's???

George, SpyKi and stars143 like this.
  13. stars143

Trusted

Embarrassed to admit I didn't realize It's Oh So Quiet was a cover song until a few weeks ago.

14. amodelofconsistency

There was a recommendation of There Will Be Fireworks a while back and I am incredibly grateful for that as I am deep into their discography and obsessed.

15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I didn't realize until just now.

stars143 likes this.
  16. George

Trusted Prestigious

How about 16 year old Bjork with her punk band in the early 80s;

ethansawyer and SpyKi like this.
  17. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Still not really feeling the vocals for There Will Be Fireworks, but I like the music enough to still enjoy it

amodelofconsistency likes this.
  18. zmtr

Trusted

nice!

"1 Hour Relaxing Guitar Music, Calming Music, Soft Music" just barely missed my list. Surprised I didn't see it on any others though..

19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

that one is up there with the all-time classic "lofi beats you can study to"

zmtr likes this.
  20. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

second best*

phaynes12 likes this.
  21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

what’s wrong with second best

CarpetElf and Leftandleaving like this.
  22. after many failed attempts I have finally started to wrap my head around Blood on the Tracks – it's great!

23. George

Trusted Prestigious

I listened to Overseas by the Tommy Flanagan Trio, which was on @Meerkat ’s list.

To my very untrained ears, this was a real classy and classic jazz record, with just a trio the band never feels overwhelming, and there’s plenty of moments for each member to shine with little piano, drums or bass solos. A really nice listen, and a great little band.

cshadows2887 and Meerkat like this.
  24. tomdelonge

Trusted

Is that Tommy Flanagan album streaming anywhere?

25. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Glad you enjoyed it! It’s one of the most underrated Elvin performances in my opinion.

I actually just recently found out it’s on Spotify. It’s listed as The Complete Overseas Session

tomdelonge likes this.