Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chorus.Fm Users Definitive Albums List • Page 45

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by phaynes12, Sep 29, 2020.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Love all DCFC albums but Plans is what made them click for me way back in the day. I cherish The Photo Album and Transatlanticism too. Respectfully disagree with whoever said those albums, along with JEW’s, aren’t growers. They’re immediate, but also have tons of little earworms to uncover, which reveal themselves after multiple listens. I find something new to appreciate in them pretty often.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  2. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Everyone’s different. I could write you a dissertation about why Julien Baker’s Sprained Ankle, an album that’s only 5 years old, is my undisputed favorite album of all time. It just depends on how you listen to music and what you’re looking for.

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i appreciate it but all the same, i’d rather just quit talking about this haha

swboyd likes this.
  4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Transatlanticism is perfect and plans is very close behind. Both were big for me in high school and still hold up.

Aaron Mook, SpyKi and ImAMetaphor like this.
  5. ImAMetaphor

I think Trans was number 3 on my list, so you could say I hold it high regard lol. Same with Plans. That band means the world to me.

Aaron Mook and SpyKi like this.
  6. George

Trusted Prestigious

Plans is my favourite of theirs, and made my initial long-list, before getting cruelly cut somewhere in the top 60 region or thereabouts.

SpyKi likes this.
  7. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Wait...what’s wrong with Garth Brooks?

8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Death Cab is an interesting one for me. I liked those albums when I was a teenager, but I didn’t connect with them the way I did to JEW or Butch Walker or Andrew McMahon or Dashboard. I found my way back to them a few years ago and they really clicked for me. Something about young adult me appreciated Ben Gibbard’s lyrics more than teenage me did.

ImAMetaphor and zmtr like this.
  9. Craig Manning

[​IMG]

DaydreamNation and zmtr like this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The Photo Album friggin rules too. Maybe I am a Death Cab fan

Contender, Aaron Mook, OotyPa and 2 others like this.
  11. It gets a little bumpy after Plans, but Thank You For Today is also worth a listen.

imthesheriff likes this.
  12. ImAMetaphor

I think Kintsugi might be the best post-Plans record, or at least has the best individual songs, but I also at least *like* all of their records.

mattylikesfilms and Contender like this.
  13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

DaydreamNation likes this.
  14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Narrow Stairs though!!!

Kintsugi
    and Thank You for Today are both fine, never really hit the spot for me, though I do love their recent Blue EP.

SpyKi and ImAMetaphor like this.
  15. cshadows2887

In Pieces is definitely a contender for a top 20 country list for me

DaydreamNation and phaynes12 like this.
  16. ImAMetaphor

Oh shit yeah I somehow forgot Narrow Stairs, that’s by far the best to come out since Plans. Then Kintsugi imo.

The Blue EP is probably the most promising material they’ve released in a decade

OotyPa likes this.
  17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Narrow Stairs is amazing.

Did not like The Blue EP.

Pepetito and Leftandleaving like this.
  18. Narrow Stairs is cool but never clicks with me as a full album. Not a big fan of Kintsugi, feel like it starts strong and tapers off. Thank You For Today felt simultaneously nostalgic and fresh.

I'm actually a Codes and Keys apologist lol I like it more than NS or Kintsugi.

OotyPa likes this.
  19. zmtr

Trusted

20. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Narrow stairs is cool but doesn’t really do it for me. Kintsugi has some good songs but as a whole isn’t great.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

It's a difficult thing to balance because in an ideal world those high-profile masterworks (which are classics, in my relatively informed opinion) are also modern gateways to other hip hop music. Like... you should hear TPAB and go "where did this come from?!?"

StreetSpirit, George and OhTheWater like this.
  22. That band just isn’t the same without Chris Walla tbh

23. zmtr

Trusted

Listening to Futures right now and yeah... this album is fucking GREAT

I used to play the shit out of "Work" and "Pain" when I was a kid but the stuff in between is really hitting the spot rn

24. cshadows2887

This is always one of the things that pushed me to explore. "Wait the artist I love loves this stuff and was influenced by it? I should definitely listen to it, too."

George likes this.
  25. Craig Manning

That album changed my life, no hyperbole.

zmtr likes this.