Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chorus.fm Staff’s Top Albums of 2018 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 7, 2019.

1. BelieF

Regular

Arctic Monkeys album was great (sarcasm)

Why not Jeff rosenstock, camp cope or turnstile

2. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Same. Thought sister cities was pretty meh.

3. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Maybe Jeff needs to start writing hard rock tunes. That always gets attention, you know? Go nu-metal on people. Get massive radio play.

4. jorbjorb

7 rings

Hippo Campus!

SEANoftheDEAD and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  5. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

I had Middle Kids on my list too, but it may have dropped a bit from my mid-year list. I still come back to that album a lot!

ejsz likes this.
  6. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Pretty shocked Camp Cope didn't make the list, I thought they were really well liked here. The record landed at #2 for me, behind Architects' Holy Hell which also didn't make an appearance. It's funny since I'm usually so aligned with this site but seemed to stray a little this year.

As always, the list is really solid and there are a few records on there I need to return to and give another spin.

7. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Republic of Wolves i think is the only shocker for me

palebluedot likes this.
  8. Gen Handley

Regular

Surprised the latest Coheed album didn't make any lists - it's solid.

jciswhatis and sosplatano like this.
  9. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

Not digested the full list yet, but I just stuck the playlist on shuffle and "Beer & NyQuil" by Spanish Love Songs came on and wanted to say AJ nailed it in picking that song out. That first line fires me up every single damn time.

I also love how high up Now, Now ended on the staff list. That is my #1 of 2018. I never ever hit the skip button when a song off that album comes on and I doubt I will in this lifetime.

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The brief phenomenon that was moviepass had me so wrapped up in film that I barely listened to any new releases this year. These lists usually produce one new artist that I end up falling in love with. I'm gonna read through, listen to the playlist and find something to love.

11. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

trevorshmevor and Jason Tate like this.
  12. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Now, Now was probably my biggest surprise of the year. I'm usually pretty indifferent to that broad electro-pop/indie spectrum of music they innovate within, or I should say, it's often pretty good but rarely stick with me. But they totally blew me away, and it became one of my favourite and most listened to albums of the year!

Actually, coincidentally, Spanish Love Songs were the other big surprise. Though it isn't surprising I liked their album, it's totally up my alley, just that I'd never heard of them before.

Toner and trevorshmevor like this.
  13. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Haven't heard mentioned anywhere, don't even remember where I heard them first, but Endless Heights - Vicious Pleasure is an album I think a LOT of people would really love in here. Pretty sure I saw them pop up on a Youtube list or something random like that and was instantly hooked...

14. ScruffGruff

I hear ya. I agree it’s very try-hard, but I would really like a lot of music these days to try harder. There are about 3-4 bad tracks on the album, Venom being one, but there are three that are straight fire imo.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  15. Hey, I'd always rather enjoy something than not, so I'm glad it's up someone's alley!

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  16. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Album was definitely a contender for a top spot, but I was late to the game and felt that there were some other records that deserved the higher spots. This band is fucking special though. So excited to hear whatever’s next. (Also, be sure to listen to “The Boy Considers His Haircut.” Fucking fantastic bridge in that one.

17. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I’m really glad so many people connected with that SLS album

Toner and Aj LaGambina like this.
  18. That was definitely the record I was most surprised to see hit this list, especially as high as it did. I listened to it when it came out and liked it, but never really went back and must have had blinders on to the praise it got through the year. For sure gonna try and spend some more time with it now though.

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  19. benjammin07

ohhhhhhhhhhh this is mighty tasty

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. trevorshmevor likes this.
  21. Leftandleaving

Hope it’s grown on you!

22. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Even easier to connect after I saw them live at a tiny place in Queens. Really fun.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  23. Leftandleaving

They're so good live too. Those songs are meant to be played in a very small room

24. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

I think it would translate well to a slightly larger venue. Hopefully they'll get picked up on some bigger tours in 2019.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  25. ZeoVGM

Regular

Damn good list, though I am surprised that Panic! didn't make it into the top 30 while Fall Out Boy managed to squeak in.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.