Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chorus.fm Staff’s Top Albums of 2017 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

We had 20-25 contributors, but not everyone made a blog post.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  2. TDenverFan

Regular

Oh duh. That makes sense, thanks

3. bloodinthesand

Regular

ok list....IMO, material control is far from a, "masterpiece." I was glad to see Silverstein make the list!

js977 likes this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I wish I liked the middle of the Menzingers album more. holds it back from being in my top 3, still great overall though

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think House on Fire & Black Mass are the only two I don't really love, I'm pretty meh on Charlie's Army but overall its a short fun song, the rest of the album is a straight banger. Was my AOTY.

7. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I am exceedingly powerful

8. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Pleasantly surprised to see Kesha on the list. Good work friends.

Mary V, fame and Aaron Mook like this.
  9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Great list. Julien and Bridgers being top five is terrific. Julien being #1 over Menzingers is also terrific. Really enjoyed 23/25 of the list.

Craig Manning likes this.
  10. Spenny

Regular

Such a great list. Lots of albums that are in my Top 25 of the year, and another confirmation that I need to finally listen to Turn Out the Lights.

11. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Menzingers write up covers exactly what I like about the record.

It's also the only record of theirs I really like.

FTank and Craig Manning like this.
  12. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Wasn't expecting to see Silverstein on there. Quite happy about that! But my favourite album didn't make the list (Story of the Year - Wolves)

js977 likes this.
  13. noKings

Regular

Am I the only one (on this site) that liked HAIM's new album?

tyramail likes this.
  14. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I like it.

noKings likes this.
  15. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

Awesome seeing Natalie Hemby on here.

Same, which is weird considering how much I like it.

16. Sal Paradise

Trusted

It's the Charlie's Army - Boy Blue stretch for me. I don't actively dislike any of the 4 songs, it's more that it's my 4 least favorites all in a row.

The lyrics to Charlie's army do bug me though because they are very childish, in an album about growing up and hitting 30

Sean Murphy likes this.
  17. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Thank me. Mine was the last list in and it helped Julien pass Menzingers. Again I’m exceedingly powerful lol.

Thanks everyone else on staff for helping us make the right call

CarpetElf likes this.
  18. grimis16

Regular

I love the Menzingers and have this one in my top 3, but I think Charlie's Army is my least favorite song they ever made.

19. giantSRH

Boss Hog Outlaw Prestigious

I expected to like Turn out the Lights more than i did. Need to come back around to it. Stranger in the Alps stuck a lot more, Demi Moore is a jam and half. Also somewhat surprised SZA didn't make it. Her new album kills.

20. bristphili

I adore Black Mass. Not sure why

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  21. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Solid list! ;D I'm still working on mine, just for myself, but our number 1 is the same, that's for sure!

On a side note, did anybody listen to some more post rock that last year? is there a thread made for that maybe? ;d or should I make one...

22. It is very good and definitely would've had a place in my Top 50. I've said before (and seen other contributors echo the sentiment), this is one of the toughest years I've had cutting my list down to 30

noKings likes this.
  23. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Thanks! I also like it a lot more than anything else they've made. I enjoy On the Impossible Past, but this one resonates with me more.

I kind of hate that album, and I really liked the debut.

I was really thrilled about that.

"Charlie's Army" should have been a b-side. It's the only song on there that I really don't think fits.

js977 likes this.
  24. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I struggle to understand how someone could love only one Menzingers album

25. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

Even though my general tastes are pretty in-line with the Chorus list, I feel like post-rock is consistently my most listened to genre. If I had to make a post-rock-only list from this year, it would definitely include:

Godspeed You Black Emperor
    Grails
    sleepmakeswaves
    Lowercase Noises
    Enemies
    LITE
    Hidden Hospitals
    Vasudeva

Ska Senanake likes this.