Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chorus.fm Staff’s Top Albums of 2016 • Page 6

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 8, 2017.

1. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Wow. There's no pleasing you.

trevorshmevor and Zac Djamoos like this.
  2. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

:poop:

3. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Also heard all these albums. None of these are like underground or hard to find

4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I think it's still an awesome album, but fell victim to coming out in February and getting usurped by other releases.

5. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

I don't mean this as a harsh take or condescending, but rather as encouragement so please take it as such, but I sincerely hope for a lot of you that 2017 is the year you choose to explore outside your seemingly narrow tastes and try out some artists you haven't heard of but see others talking about. If you're upset that weezer (their best album in over a decade), tbs, or nada surf didn't perform as highly as you would have liked, please try listening to a broader range of music in the future. As I did with Thomas, the poster Brenden, and others in the past, I'm happy to help try to expand your horizons as I work to continue to do so with my own taste.

fame and cwhit like this.
  6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Over 300

7. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Sure. The thirty on this list yes. I've heard them all too. But there are probably 150+ albums between the lists listed here. You've heard all of those? I'm not calling you out, I'm just impressed

TheWater(s) likes this.
  8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Seriously lol

TheWater(s) likes this.
  9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

In 2017 I vow to only listen to music with screams

EngineDown and scott like this.
  10. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

That's a lot of records. Fuck. I wish I would set a reminder to myself to listen to a new record for the first time every day of the year. The playlist my friends made me of things I needed to check out helped (I listened to over 175 full albums this year) but I still need to do more next year

11. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

between records i am absolutely certain i won't enjoy and the records i did like, there are maybe one or two i assume i haven't heard.

i don't know how many albums i have listened to but i have 4000 songs from 2016 in my library

12. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

What did you think of Saaad then? I've had no one to talk about that record with.

13. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I mean possibly. I listened to 219 albums that came out in 2016.

Trick: get a music podcast that no one listens to but you feel like you have to listen to everything for homework and the reward is you listened to a ton of great music.

sophos34 likes this.
  14. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I only listened to that once but I remember liking the song The Harvest I think it's called a lot

15. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I used to listen to like 200+ albums a year but lately devote my free time more to podcasts, movies, and work so that's fallen to like 50-75 last year, and a lot of those are catching up or older albums I hadn't heard before

16. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I was writing a business plan last night (well fixing a first draft) and it was hard to not write as the objective "be able to listen to music from morning till night"

17. cwhit

yeah based on itunes play counts and a rough guestimate i easily went over 200 this year haha

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I have music playing from when I wake up thru when I wake up again because I listen to music while I sleep

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  19. Thomas Nassiff

i listened to like 40 albums this year i think maybe
    i started enjoying a band called if these trees could talk today which just goes to show i have broken off of your suggestions and i am my own person again, i'll intersperse listening to these albums for two hours at a time with listening to this song on repeat for two hours at a time

Aj LaGambina and EngineDown like this.
  20. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

this is another issue for me. I've found as time goes on I have to make a much more concerted effort to check out new music

21. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

if these trees could talk is a good band

22. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

big fan of that band! i didn't mention them because they're somewhat less heavy than what i was assuming you wanted

23. cwhit

see there's your problem thomas, how are you supposed to listen to new music if you bleed your ears to death

24. Thomas Nassiff

it's called "cleansing your palette"

grow the F up

cwhit likes this.
  25. Thomas Nassiff

huh, yeah, alright buddy

MikeyPaine and sophos34 like this.