Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chorus.fm Staff’s Top Albums of 2016 • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 8, 2017.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

St. Nate likes this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I was ready to write the band off forever after seeing them on taste of chaos.. they were AWFUL and overshadowed by incredible performances from dashboard, saosin, starting line, the early November but... I listened to the record and loved it, spoke to me in a way the bad hasnt in a long time. Then I went to hear the record live and couldn't believe how good they sounded... after they played the new record they played old stuff which the crowd loved but I thought the new record sounded better. Anyway somehow a taking back Sunday record made my top 10 something I never thought would happen again. Maybe mike sapone is a genius ha

3. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Almost made my top 50... I enjoy it, it was just a good year for me musically. I can't remember another year where I enjoyed 75+ albums a bunch.

4. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I always look forward to these lists from AP and now Chorus.

I made a Spotify playlist of this top 30 if anyone's interested (minus Beyonce because Lemonade isn't on Spotify):

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

how many were submitted by each person for this list?

6. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Taking Back Sunday is bad now. That explains the lack of Taking Back Sunday.

Hope that helped.

7. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

30 each.

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I love the Mitski album, but it wasn't in my top ten, so it didn't get much push from my list

I loved the tbs album when it came out but damn did it drop off hard for me

9. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

I really, really like Much Love. Stovall is a great record, but listening to Much Love and walking around New Haven this August, it hit me really hard. It's one of the reasons it's my second favorite record this year.

crunchprank likes this.
  10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

They sounded sloppy as fuck when I saw them play the new record

11. cwhit

that's the thing with these lists. the artists that are going to be on more lists, even if the average ranking of where they are on each person's list is lower, the ones on more will be likely higher. hence why more of the staples got elevated, because more people on staff listened to them

12. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

It is disappointing that the one list I don't see Mitski on is from the site which I frequent the most.

So I'm quitting this site.

Goodbye.

Brenden, Contender and sophos34 like this.
  13. Leftandleaving

Not necessarily. I don't know how the breakdown worked out this year - you'd have to ask craig m - but in the past I remember bands with one or two #1s or #2s on lists have ended up way higher than those who appeared on a majority of lists, but somewhere in the 20s

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. cwhit

but i'm not even talking about #1's. i'm talking about like 8 that averaged around 17 compared to three that averaged around 9, hah.

15. becky kovach

Didn't have a chance to post my list earlier so figured I'd share it here. Still no TBS, and I might have been the only person who did have JEW on their personal list. Sorry all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yellowcard - Self-titled
    Bayside - Vacancy
    Like Torches - Shelter
    Panic! At the Disco - Death of a Bachelor
    Sum41 - 13 Voices
    Moose Blood - Blush
    Young Guns - Echoes
    With Confidence - Better Weather
    Pup - The Dream Is Over
    This Wild Life - Low Tides
    Hands Like Houses - Dissonants
    Emarosa - 131
    Into It. Over It. - Standards
    Weezer - The White Album
    Modern Baseball - Holy Ghost
    Vinnie Caruana - Survivor's Guilt
    Aaron West & The Roaring Twenties - Bittersweet
    River Oaks - Self-Titled EP
    Sorority Noise - It Kindly Stopped For Me
    From Indian Lakes - Wanderer

16. Leftandleaving

Oh okay, fair enough

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Into it over it isn't on here either and I felt that hit hard with a lot of people on here

18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Personally I don't even think the blink album is that good but I had it on my list because the day after it came out my girlfriend moved in and I can't separate the fond memories that gives even when the album has shit like teenage sattelites on it lol

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

me and my girlfriend drove around on our first listen and roasted the hell out of it when it came out, good times

20. I honestly haven't heard anyone mention that IIOI album since it was released, although I do remember the reception being positive.

21. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Funny enough Vacancy is the first Bayside album I've ever really enjoyed. Album has hit me like crazy this year.

22. marceting

Trusted

Skeppy too! :clap::clap::clap:

Wall Of Arms likes this.
  23. Leftandleaving

Guess you could say we were into it and now we're...over it

Brenden, cubsml34, FTank and 2 others like this.
  24. fuck

edit: i walked right into that one

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  25. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

/thread

FTank, Aj LaGambina and Zac Djamoos like this.