Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chorus.fm Staff’s Top Albums of 2016 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 8, 2017.

1. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

i am a tastemaker

2. dp619

Regular Supporter

Tidal Wave from Taking Back Sunday got shafted...

jco3, BEsterley, Jamie Dagg and 3 others like this.
  3. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Rec me some heavy post rock.

4. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

We got shafted by that album.

Joe4th, St. Nate and FTank like this.
  5. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

here's the same note i sent thomas. it's post-metal, for the most part.

upload_2017-1-9_9-52-46.png

cwhit and Brenden like this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I agree, I think Tidal wave is taking back sundays 2nd or 3rd best record and I keep coming back.. Adam sounds the best he has in a LONG time and the melodies and songwriting are top notch. Great Alt Rock

BEsterley, dp619 and goation like this.
  7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

JEW also topped my own personal list so it was great to see it top the staff list as well. Such a beautiful record. Great list in general though, solid group of albums. Especially happy to see Yellowcard and Butch Walker on the list, didn't know if they had enough staff support to make it.

My own personal selection for "Album Everyone Loved And I Should Have Loved But Just Didn't Click With Me" goes to PUP. Just couldn't get into it beyond a couple songs and that makes me a sad panda.

Aaron Mook and Craig Manning like this.
  8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

9. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Curious question for the staff. Why is it that not all albums have their album art with the write ups. I couldn't find a trend.

10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

List sums up this site pretty well I think. Honestly surprised at JEW being number 1 though even though I know everyone loves that band. It might be my least favourite of theirs from what I've heard honestly. Just hasn't really done that much for me.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  11. was wondering the same thing actually, haha

Aaron Mook and Brenden like this.
  12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Weezer and Tidal Wave were my top 2 but I really didn't expect to see either of them on this list.

dp619 likes this.
  13. Yeah it's pretty low on my list of JEW favorites too. I love the first 3 tracks of IB, but the rest of the album falls off for me.

14. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Not surprising to see JEW #1.

Only thing on the list I haven't listened to is Lori McKenna and Microwave which makes sense cause I never listened to them ever. Guess I should give it a shot.

15. St. Nate

Shame.

16. dp619

Regular Supporter

I just like that I can start that album and make it through 6 or 7 tracks without blinking. I think it loses some steam at the end, but finishes strong with "We Don't Go in There" and the last song as well. It's just an overall solid album, and one that I would most certainly put above the new blink album which I liked as well.

BEsterley and teebs41 like this.
  17. lifestartsmusic

Back For A (Not So) Limited Time Prestigious

Surprised by lack of TBS and Weezer. Solid lists all around though,

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I don't understand how people find California listenable

19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

who other than you would have had it?

20. Don't take this personally, I don't like the band but I'm really glad people enjoyed the album (so did my brother), but I feel like this is the comment I see every time they put out a new album haha. Like, "Woah, Adam sounds way better now! And the songwriting is really good this time around!" And it never really changes for me haha

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha for me the big difference this time around is that he is singing more in his range and not reaching for notes that are way too high for him these days

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Taking Back Sunday lost their spark a long time ago. You'll never see a band like them or bayside on a list like this again. But I mean I guess people still think blink is good, for some reason

Chris Prindle and scott like this.
  23. St. Nate

Even if you think they're good, which is fine, they lost their hold with the community on this site a while ago.

24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

My point exactly Nathan

25. St. Nate

sophos34 likes this.