Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chicks - Gaslighter (July 17,2020) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

new song is excellent

2. username

hey you lil piss baby

Both these singles absolutely rule. I loved a lot of their singles when I was a literal child but I’ve not paid any attention to them since I started listening to music on my own. Really itching to do a deep dive into their discography now.

3. @@ron

Regular

July 17 release date now. Still looking forward to this a lot even though I haven’t loved the first two releases.

Craig Manning likes this.
  4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I feel like they lost some of the buzz on this by delaying it. Hope I’m wrong.

5. username

hey you lil piss baby

One of the track titles was changed to “Texas Man” on Apple Music a bit ago, assuming that’s coming soon now

6. Yeah I don't think delaying has ended up making any sense but there was no way to know that a few months ago I guess

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I feel like it's hard to gauge buzz now also there were legal issues because Natalie wrote about her controlling ex who she divorced

DaydreamNation likes this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Both singles are good

irthesteve likes this.
  9. Was not aware, that's different obviously

10. I am going to enjoy this album A LOT so if the buzz is gone that sucks for them but I am still on board

11. Craig Manning

I totally get wanting to wait for things to be better, but it never looked like that wait was going to be a particularly short one. And that goes for all artists who delayed their records, not just Dixie Chicks.

I thought that was all settled. Did they say that was the reason for the delay?

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I really like both songs so far, I feel like now is the time for me to visit their back catalog, huh? Is it fair to start at Wide Open Spaces and go from there?

13. Craig Manning

I might go backwards. Taking the Long Way I think would be a pretty easy sell for anyone who likes these new songs. And then as you go further back, you get more of their overt bluegrass/country sound.

14. irthesteve

nice. I'll report back when I start diving in!

DaydreamNation likes this.
  15. Really can't go wrong. Home is my favorite by a significant amount but it's also probably the most different from their other releases so maybe not the place to start.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah not entirely sure i think it's a lot of factors and a weird time to release music

17. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

"March March" is on Apple Music. Very cool song.

radiodead likes this.
  18. zmtr

Trusted

Looks like they're going by "The Chicks" now.

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

20. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

dropping dixie from the name.... i love to see it

Drew Beringer and DaydreamNation like this.
  21. radiodead

Trusted

Nice! The Chicks is a great name.

22. zmtr

Trusted

Song is daaaaaaaaamn good

Slangster likes this.
  23. Hell yea rock on Chicks

24. irthesteve

what's the reason for losing Dixie, is it rooted in negative history?

25. zmtr

Trusted

The song “Dixie” was like the confederacy’s fight song basically

I don't think they were named after the song though.. Still probably best to get rid of any confusion?