Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chi (Showtime) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Taken from the youtube vid description:

The Chi is a powerful coming-of-age drama series about an interconnected group of working-class African-Americans on Chicago's volatile south side, who remind us that no matter what, the human spirit is strong and hope never dies. The series, which explores the humanity behind the headlines sensationalizing the South Side of Chicago, will premiere on Sunday, January 7 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

THE CHI is created and executive produced by Emmy® winner Lena Waithe (Master of None), and executive produced by Academy Award® winner Common (Selma) and Elwood Reid (The Bridge, Hawaii Five-O). Reid also serves as showrunner. Produced entirely in its namesake city, THE CHI is a timely coming-of-age story centering on a group of residents who become linked by coincidence but bonded by the need for connection and redemption. The ensemble cast includes Jason Mitchell (Straight Outta Compton), Jacob Latimore (Sleight), Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine (Queen of Katwe), Alex Hibbert (Moonlight), Yolonda Ross (Treme, The Get Down), Armando Riesco (Bull) and Tiffany Boone (The Following).

I'll definitely be checking this out.

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Woahhhhhhh that sounds pretty great. Surprised Lena isn't in the cast list, hopefully she appears on screen in some sort of recurring role. Will definitely be watching though.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

OotyPa likes this.
  4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

posting so I remember to watch that trailer tomorrow

5. Dang just saw a commercial for this with a Noname song in it, maybe the quickest my attention has ever been diverted to the televsion haha. Show looks great though, excited to check it out

6. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Cant wait!

7. bodkins

Trusted

Will check out.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Tonight

bodkins likes this.
  9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone watch this yet? Looks like the pilot has been online for a while now.

10. bodkins

Trusted

Hell yes. Definitely watching tonight

11. bodkins

Trusted

Watched the first two, really digging it so far.

12. Ya this is really good so far.

bodkins likes this.
  13. Renewed for S2.

bodkins likes this.
  14. Watched the pilot tonight, lots of promise. Excited to dig into the rest!

15. The whole season was solid throughout. The cast is great. Will definitely be checking out S2.

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

wow, just watched the pilot and am hooked. A long way from being caught up, but I don't have anything else to watch right now hah