Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chariot Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jakob Allen, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Jakob Allen

Trusted

It seems as there is no thread for The Chariot, so let's discuss how amazing they were!

2. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Their first album defined my music tastes for a good part of high school and college. What a great band.

3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Forgot how much I missed this band until I stumbled across this video today:

coleslawed likes this.
  4. They were such an awesome live band.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Remembering how much I loved this band. I haven't listened to them much at all recently but stumbled across their setlist for one of my favourite gigs... think it was the last time I saw them in Nottingham, UK in 2011.

I made a playlist of the songs and it just has some fantastic classics - loving listening to it!

mescalineeyes likes this.
  6. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

one of the best bands ever in my book.

7. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

One of the only heavy bands I still listen to regularly. All of their albums are excellent.

awakeohsleeper and mescalineeyes like this.
  8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Wish I had gotten to see these guys perform live. Band has a great discography.

9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I was lucky - they visited the UK so many times. Most of the bands I like don't bother coming over. I think I've only seen mewithoutYou more times now.

Such a crazy and absorbing live show. I'm sorry you didn't get to experience it.

mescalineeyes and airik625 like this.
  10. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

This is probably in my top 5 favorite songs ever.

11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Atlanta, Atlanta... that's my home towwwwwn!!

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

one time their guitarist put his back to the crowd and leaned back, then me and my friend pushed him back on stage (it seemed like the thing to do in the moment) and apparently threw him into his amp and he got kind of bloodied up. So, sorry to him. But that's kind of just how Chariot live shows went, haha.

awakeohsleeper and airik625 like this.
  13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

RELEASE THE BALLOOOOOONS!

Still a great video.

14. mescalineeyes

The Chariot? Haven’t heard that name in years

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Listening to them right now! Such a good band.

16. mescalineeyes

The best, honestly.

17. They’re up there with awesome.

18. Windowsdown

Loved them and saw them a bunch of times. They were playing Paris with Norma Jean one time and the first thing Wolf did when their set began was to throw his bass up in the air and dive in the crowd, catching it mid air. It was incredible. I miss them a ton, The Fever 333 and '68 do absolutely nothing for me.

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Sounds badass. As much as I love ‘68, I do still wish The Chariot were still making music.

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  20. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Agreed. Would love to see a reunion at some point. With all 37 members of the band.

21. mescalineeyes

Wikipedia: The Chariot

Band members:

*a half-eaten bowl of spaghetti*

22. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

helluva bump, bob.

23. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

THIS IS THE LAST CHANCE YOU GET

24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Love this.

I managed to convince three of my friends who didn't enjoy heavy music at all to come to one of their shows in Nottingham, UK just so they could witness the chaos. It was marvellous.

25. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I saw these guys at warped tour one year early on, I think before Wars came out. It was one of the smallest side stages and there were maybe fifty kids there.

Amongst all the other batshit acrobatics, josh just stopped using his mic like 2 songs in, and is just screaming so loud unamplified you could hear him perfectly for the rest of the set. My jaw dropped. Craziest live band ever.