Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Challenge (MTV Series, formerly Real World vs. Road Rules) TV Show • Page 43

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Trotsky, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Freud

Immortals with no morals, and no hang ups Prestigious

I really hate the format World Champion is doing, wj we e they're not having the full episode contain the challenge and elimination. Instead, this episode we got a lot of politicking and an elimination.

I will admit though, that elimination was .gif-worthy, holy crap. It was SO BAD.

2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Sorry to bring up a quiet thread just to talk about a previous season but finally watching season 37 and I think Edy is a newer cast member I’m a big fan of. His lighthearted personality is a breath of fresh air.

Currently watching the “500” episode (episode 12) and one of the brief clips they show is CT’s face when he came in for one challenge and turned Bananas into a backpack and honest to god that might be the most legendary scene in the entire series and for CT of course and it’s on a season he wasn’t even in lol

And while cast members have come and gone and most seem to never really change their personality, CT is like the greatest villain to hero story in the Challenge and idk gotta be up their for all of reality TV history.

Still kind of surprised they kept bringing him back when there were so many incidents of him getting kicked off but that also happened back in the days when I’m sure MTV and Viacom (or whoever their parent company was at the time) didn’t give a shit since that was the age of “more drama and fighting the better”. Seeing him turn into a quiet, respected multi-time champ who chuckles at freak outs with a dad bod most could only dream of has been awesome. Glad he never got totally kicked off the show otherwise we’d never have seen this.

3. marsupial jones

Season 37 was great and had an amazing ending.

Started season 38 (“Ride or Dies”) and this is… weird opening few minutes with jarring energy/level changes and soooooo many people I have never heard of. Will be hard for the newbies to make an impression after Ed and especially Emy from last season stole the show.

And Turbo is back?????? Holy shit I thought he was blacklisted but I must be confusing him for someone else or maybe they changed their minds on him.

LOL this skinny wannabe Thor is gonna kill me lol

stayillogical likes this.
  4. meggers

Trusted

Full cast list is on their twitter as well.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  5. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Didnt watch the first CBS series, but havent missed an MTV or Paramount+ series in 2 decades. Will certainly watch this.

6. FloatUpstream

Regular

If it's on Paramount Plus I'm tuning in just for Paulie. Man is great reality tv

7. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I think its on CBS Network TV

8. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

It is, but it should be on Paramount plus the following day as well

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  9. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Both.

I haven’t watched the last three seasons but didn’t realize it was on CBS now. Wild.

10. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

It's not the same show. USA is more tame.

The flagship has been floundering for a few seasons now. Will probably go away after S40

11. marsupial jones

Can I get a 30 second dummy’s version of how this is different from The Challenge or is it the same thing basically?

I turned on the 1st episode of the first season but only watched the first 10 minutes or so and it felt and looked very similar to The Challenge but had A LOT of people I had never seen before (which will likely continue to be the case - Ride or Dies had like 5 people I liked, another 5 I at least knew of but then 45 strangers/newbies to me lol)

12. meggers

Trusted

It’s essentially the same. The only real difference was the winners got to participate in The Challenge Worlds.

13. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Challenge CBS features a mostly CBS show-based cast.

14. meggers

Trusted

I think since Love Island moved to Peacock, that’s why there’s some usual Challengers like Wes and Bananas.

15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Is All Stars Season 4 coming? Move that to MTV and get rid of The Challenge

16. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been waiting for an announcement on this. I know they finished filming months ago.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  17. Freud

TONIGHT

18. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

i’ve read that it’s coming……… after S39……… which is after USA2.

it’s gonna be a minute. haha. idk why they DON’T broadcast All Stars on MTV. That show would get so many viewers!

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  19. Freud

Yeah I also heard it's at the end of the year, also AFTER 39 which is just wild haha. FFS I thought Cars was rumored to be in something a few months back? Surprised they're having Paulie before/without her.

20. meggers

Trusted

I think since Paulie was on Big Brother, he’s on for that reason.

21. Freud

Should've brought his brother instead. He's got more personality.

Although I do wonder how Paulie's reception will be. Will people act like nothing happened, act like they're friends, or someone actually call him out? People have made it known they don't like Amanda to her face and she handles it with grace and a FUCK YOU TOO attitude so I wonder how Paulie will be handled.

22. somethingwitty

Trusted

The first season of USA was reallyyyyy poor. The way they fucked then during that final was insane. Tyson talked about it on a podcast, but production truly set them up to fail.

Wasn’t this supposed to be leading to a Global Challenge or something? Did that already happen?

Freud and bobby_runs like this.
  23. meggers

Trusted

I believe it’s already happened and up on Paramount+.

Freud and bobby_runs like this.
  24. allastud

Regular

I already can’t stand Fessy and Paulie

NJPunkMusic and Freud like this.
  25. Freud

Dunno how I feel about the vote stuff. Kinda cool that it's secret but not secret but RNG can really suck for someone. Haven't seen any Amazing Race but I'm familiar with all the Survivor and BB players so it's cool seeing them again!

Also can't stand Pauly already. And dude what the fuck are you wearing.

Team Red Flag is def gonna implode I can feel it.

quietwords likes this.