Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Challenge (MTV Series, formerly Real World vs. Road Rules) TV Show • Page 27

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Trotsky, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

They thought atomic wedgie was worthy of slow motion reactions

marsupial jones likes this.
  2. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I miss the debauchery of the earlier seasons. I like the athletic competitiveness now but miss the shenanigans but I guess people are thinking of their “image” now.

3. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Yes!

and also when the good guys based their inferno pick on who the bad guys picked from their team. Like a solid 10 minutes of the moral police came out of fucking everyone in the bad guys (except CT of course lol) on how “wrong” that was and how the good guys “wrecked the game” lol

meggers and Victor Eremita like this.
  4. marsupial jones

agreed pretty much 100%. It’s not quite the same, but man, that first season of the Challenge that Bear was on... looking back, that’s genuine greatness. That’s like top tier wrestling heel heat he was displaying. It’s almost refreshing watching that now because everyone does seem more toned down character wise, while the competitiveness has definitely been increased (which is certainly great to see, but you could definitely have both, but it’s just different times now than the early 2000’s and mostly for the better)

5. FloatUpstream

Regular

Tonight's episode makes me think that Wes' time on the show is coming to an end soon. Seems like nobody is willing to work with him going forward. I'm rooting for Devin now. Excited to see the chaos they cause going forward.

Also that was a cool daily but there has to be a way to do that without injuries. Disappointed to see Nicole leave. I wanted her and Devin to go far together.

meggers likes this.
  6. meggers

Trusted

Tonight’s challenge was one of the craziest I’ve ever seen. Especially after watching The Duel those challenges seem so tame compared to what they do now.

Just a heads up, there’s no new episode next week. MTV is playing movies/ridiculousness till New Years.

7. marsupial jones

I had no idea that Bananas’ first season was The Duel. That’s season 13. I thought he had been around since near the start. The first decade of The Challenge is such a blur to me of who joins when. So ironic that one of the most memorable characters in Challenge history has the exit that he does on The Duel. Also weird that he’s not even called Bananas on the season lol.

8. marsupial jones

Strange and random comment to make, but at least once a year I find myself watching the final 20 minutes of the Final Reckoning finale.

Ashley’s rage and comments, Hunter’s disbelief, rage and comments lol. Sooooo good and since I have always disliked Hunter I was more than fine with the decision Ashley made lol

9. bobby_runs

I wonder if looking back on how we as viewers saw everything he understands her reasoning behind it.

10. FloatUpstream

Regular

Not sure if this has been discussed here, but Mark Long awhile back brought up doing a condensed Challenge with only OGs. He pitched it to Bunim-Murray earlier late last year and they start quarantining later this month for filming. Not much on casting yet but here's what's been gathered so far, no spoilers for Double Agents in the thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MtvChallen...eparture_speculation_megathread_for_wewantogs

11. Freud

Immortals with no morals, and no hang ups Prestigious

Yeah OGs is gonna be awesome, so many people I'd like to see again.

12. FloatUpstream

Regular

The last 20 minutes of today's episode was a rollercoaster

meggers likes this.
  13. meggers

Trusted

Wow Fessy showed their true colors tonight.

I hope next season they don’t ask Josh back. His paranoia level gets harder to deal with each season. At this point I’d take Cara and Paulie back over Josh.

RJ Knorr and FloatUpstream like this.
  14. FloatUpstream

Regular

Yeah unless he has some groundbreaking strategy move or finally wins an elimination I'd be fine not seeing Josh back for a bit. He's a one trick pony (making mountains out of molehills) at this point, although Devin getting him riled up by asking him what 9*8 was was one of my favorite moments this season. There's so many better people to pull from Big Brother. Zach Rance from Amber B's season and Brett from season 20 would both be better picks than Josh.

RJ Knorr and meggers like this.
  15. meggers

Trusted

I know Josh brings the drama but it’s the same storyline each time and as a viewer it just isn’t fun to watch repeatedly season after season.
    I’d love to see more people from Are You The One come on since their spin-off The Challenge type show was only one season.

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Devin rules

meggers likes this.
  17. I'd much rather have Wes than Devin, but he earned his win over Wes. I'm even more bummed about Nelly T. That guy works harder than most when it comes to preparing for the show (reminds me of Derek K.), and I keep wanting him to snag a win.

18. meggers

Trusted

I was curious how the Natalie situation would be handled so I’m glad to see Ashley back. I loved the partnership between CT/Big T this episode. I love their dynamic and how supportive he is. Aneesa getting their gold skull is so deserved.

FloatUpstream likes this.
  19. FloatUpstream

Regular

Big T gets better and better each episode. I thought she was wallpaper until the fresh cotton pads moment from Total Madness and now I don't want to see a season without her. Tori has now lost to a mentally checked out Jenna and Aneesa who has almost ten years on her. She doesn't have a right to be as cocky as she is.

NJPunkMusic and meggers like this.
  20. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

21. FloatUpstream

Regular

That War of the Worlds 1 Rookie Cast had some promise but I don't think we'll be seeing many of them again.

Mattie - dropped by MTV after getting arrested for her 3rd DUI
    Theo- Took a champagne cork to the eye and is still recovering
    Bear - See above
    Turbo - rumor is he is banned after the Jordan altercation on War of the Worlds 2
    Dee - the BLM comments
    Morgan - quit reality tv
    Georgia - had some blackface stuff come out

And besides Ninja who I don't think has a lot of fans none of the other rookies got screentime on that season to warrant being called back. Josh is the only rookie from that cast on Double Agents. High turnover after 4 seasons.

meggers and RJ Knorr like this.
  22. FloatUpstream

Regular

Dumb move on Jay's part, but I'm now a Theresa stan

23. bobby_runs

Looks like Jay is going in and/or calling Fessy out who is a man-child like Josh.

meggers likes this.
  24. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I can’t even explain how much I hate Kam

NJPunkMusic and allastud like this.
  25. allastud

Regular

Devin chirping the former Big Brother cast will never get old