Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Challenge (MTV Series, formerly Real World vs. Road Rules) TV Show • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Trotsky, Aug 28, 2016.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Just a little tip for y'all, I was thinking of cancelling the CBS service right when I subbed so I wouldn't forget to cancel before the trial ended and it gave me the option of paying half price for the next two months if I don't cancel so I'll prob do that if I wanna watch more seasons after this month.

I've been watching real world since I was a kid, so since around 2000. Hawaii is my earliest memory. I definitely watched all these challenge seasons but don't remember shit, my memory is pretty terrible from years of substance abuse lol (I've been clean 5 years now) it has been fantastic watching them again.

Just about to finish Rivals and it's the best season I have rewatched so far, heavily recommend it if anyone is wondering which seasons to choose. An all-star cast and some grrrrreat fights as well.

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Also, Laurel is an absolutely horrible human being.

OhTheWater, RJ Knorr and Signifire like this.
  3. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

its very fitting she teamed with Vinny in Fresh Meat since he is also a horrible human being (albeit much, much, much worse than Laurel. They’re not really comparable for their horribleness unless there’s stuff about Laurel I don’t know)

4. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

imo Rivals was a big turning point for the show. I think the peak of the show is from Rivals through Battle of the Exes 2. Not saying the seasons prior or subsequent aren’t good by any means. I just think that stretch of seasons are pretty flawless

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Laurel was brutally verbally abusive to Big Easy in Cutthroat and Paula in Rivals. Like saying the absolute worst things possible to them and not apologizing for any of it. Disgusting to watch.

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I believe it was the first time they had a 2 day final challenge as well. Rivals definitely brought it to a new level. Mostly because it had a lot of heavy hitters.

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Only bummer about these seasons is a lack of the reunion shows

8. marsupial jones

I never watch the reunion shows. I watched one, or part of one with The Miz hosting and it was just awful. Seems like all at it is is people sniping at each other and then screaming over and over again. That’s not entertaining to me lol

9. marsupial jones

Oh yeah I definitely remember that. It’s just, there’s a major reason Vinny will never be back on the show in any capacity that goes wayyyyyy beyond being verbally abusive.

but with that said those scenes of Laurel yelling at Eric and Paula are like permanently imprinted in my brain. Also how she treats Cara Maria at times is super terrible.

10. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

I love the reunion shows lol. The one where it played out in real time with no edits and CT got drunk and was talking shit to the host is an all timer.

11. Signifire

Although some of these later season reunion shows have been admittedly awful, particularly the dirty 30, vendettas, and final reckoning.

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm stumped on Vinny, what did he do!? I can't remember

13. Signifire

I think he means Kenny

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ah yes, he does

I literally just talked about Kenny and Laurel in Fresh Meat lol

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Rivals was Kenny, Evan and Evelyn's last season. Evelyn went to Harvard afterwards and became a lawyer or something? She's a god damn impressive human being

16. marsupial jones

Ah yes sorry meant Kenny. No idea where Vinny came from and couldn’t even remember if there ever was a Vinny until it was mentioned above lmao

not sure why I always screw up Kenny’s name, very weird.

17. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Well Vinny was the guy that was Sarah’s partner on a season where he got kicked off for ripping off a woman’s shirt.

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Kenny was basically from my hometown, he's my buddies cousin. I went out to a diner with him and a bunch of people one time. He was very quiet and chilled out but I mean we went out to dinner, so he acted like anyone acts when having a meal in a public establishment.

19. Groogz Aug 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 7, 2020)
    Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

So I mentioned that season 14 is missing from All Access. Just finished The Islands and the next episode that starts up is episode 2 of season 17 (The Duel II). I was already confused why a season would be missing from the show, but now I'm even more confused as to why one individual episode would be missing from a season. Really odd.

EDIT: Turns out that episode was the CT/Adam 'fight', so that seems a likely reason why that one's not on there for viewing.

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hard fucking yikes at Emily going blackface and acting like Ty ,her ex-boyfriend, in Battle of the Exes.

Groogz likes this.
  21. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Yeah that was a really bad look for her. Felt so bad for Ty in that one because you know how much it crushed him to see that from someone he cared about.

oldjersey likes this.
  22. marsupial jones

to be fair she had no idea what blackface was and was very apologetic once she learned what she did was wrong (if I recall). Not to put the blame on someone else, but shouldn’t someone else is the house who knew told her that was a bad idea? I assume someone had to know what blackface was in that house (if people knew what they were doing. I don’t recall the specifics of that episode and why she did that. Halloween? Or some goofy party thing they were doing?)

and I have to tend to believe Emily didn’t know what blackface was because I didn’t know what blackface was when I saw that episode. I had to google what the hell they were talking about and why it was causing an issue in the episode.

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

You're right, I posted that right when I saw it, not after the episode

24. FloatUpstream

Regular

My first season was Final Reckoning. Went back to watch Gauntlet 2 on All Access and it's insane how different of a show it was back then. The 12 lbs of roti challenge was a letdown of a final for a really enjoyable season.

25. meggers

Trusted