Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Challenge (MTV Series, formerly Real World vs. Road Rules) TV Show • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Trotsky, Aug 28, 2016.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Going to start with The Ruins, seems to be a really highly regarded season.

2. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Are you talking about the one he shared on the BS podcast?

3. bobby_runs

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yes! Forgot to say that.

5. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

What did he say? The podcast link isn’t working for me

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

He said Kyle is diabetic and he didn't want to tell the producers before a final because he was worried they wouldn't let him run the final. Instead, he did a long grueling final with a syringe up his ass in case he needed it.

marsupial jones likes this.
  7. bobby_runs

It wasn't the final. It was his first appearance on the show. When everyone had to run up to a castle on a mountainside. So essentially before competing on the show

marsupial jones likes this.
  8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Oh really? I thought he said a final, my bad. Was listening to it while doing other stuff

9. bobby_runs

Here's that moment

10. marsupial jones

Finally got the podcast to work and my mind is eerily blown that they’re talking about needing another Fresh Meat after we were just mentioning that lmao

11. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Bananas can be a real scumbag but I still have a soft spot for him. He’s just great TV.

12. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

YES!!! I've never watched Devin's season and I really want to.

Groogz likes this.
  13. marsupial jones

Thinking about this more...

why would Kyle hide that he has diabetes? What does running of the Rock of Gibraltar have to do with that? Like why would having diabetes stop him from doing that? What would be the concern over doing that with diabetes be doing anything else with diabetes?

And wouldn’t you have to disclose any medical issues to the show before going on there? Did Bananas just screw up Kyle being allowed back on the show if he lied to them and said he had no health issues lol

14. bobby_runs

This show is filmed overseas for a reason. LOL. Doubt they do too much medical pre-screening. I mean Melissa was running a final pregnant.

They also strongly encouraged the dudes in 2005-2012 range to take roids. Wes and Bananas got SO big at one point.

15. marsupial jones

that’s interesting. I just assume that you have to sign a waiver that removes them (MTV) of any liability in case you get hurt or whatever so it’s weird that they’d pull him if they found out he had diabetes. Especially if they’re as lax as they are/were about other things. Although if it was Kyle’s first challenge maybe he was just overthinking it and panicking so he hid it and the info in case of a worst case scenario. I mean, Shaggy’s girlfriend got removed for a cut foot or something this last season right? Seems like they’re weirdly inconsistent with what would get you removed at times.

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

God damn The Challenge producers loved A Day To Remember back in 2009

17. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

So which seasons would people recommend as good for a beginner? I’m familiar with most of this show’s famous characters but have never actually watched a season lol, now seems like a good time.

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hmm I'd say maybe Fresh Meat 1? I started on The Ruins which is a couple seasons later but the first fresh meat is a great season and introduces a good amount of known people along with some already established ones.

I've seen all these seasons before.

It's fuckin great rewatching these older ones, they are 42 minutes long and so damn easy to breeze through.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Kenny and Laurel in Fresh Meat II has to be an all time duo god damn

Signifire and stayillogical like this.
  20. Signifire

Evan and Coral in Fresh Meat 1 too, before they got injured. Really dominant duo.

Groogz likes this.
  21. Signifire

Casey was hilariously bad lmao

bobby_runs and Groogz like this.
  22. marsupial jones

I remember watching Fresh Meat 2 before the first one and Wes talking about when he was picking his partner for FM2 going the opposite route of Casey because she sucked so much so he went with opposite hair color and stuff lol

bobby_runs and Signifire like this.
  23. Signifire

Hahaha sounds about right

24. marsupial jones

Started watching The Island this morning and I definitely have not watched this one before or at least don’t remember it at all. This one is soooo different from all the others in terms of structure and set up.

but I’m really losing my mind at fucking Cahutta being on this season. What the fuck, I thought he was brand new from like 4 seasons ago but he’s been around since 2008???? Mind blown.

25. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

He's cursed after that. Keep watching.