Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Challenge (MTV Series, formerly Real World vs. Road Rules) TV Show • Page 21

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Trotsky, Aug 28, 2016.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

it almost seemed like they ran out of money and time or something and had to hurry up and throw something simple together lol.

I did enjoy Kyle babbling away for six hours straight outside in the cold while Fessy just silently stares at the fire and Kyle wonders what’s wrong with him lmao

2. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Haha, that was great.

3. marsupial jones

I also enjoyed that Kyle finished ahead of Cory. Should have seen that coming as foreshadowing after Cory was like, “yeah you’re not a threat to me.”

Signifire and meggers like this.
  4. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I was actually thinking a little about that before. If the result of the elimination had gone the other way, we could have had a world where Kyle wins the whole thing, haha. Him or Rogan, depending on how well Rogan would have done with the second day.

5. marsupial jones

that is interesting. Would have been crazy unexpected if Kyle won.

I was a bit surprised that Fessy had so much trouble. He did really well in endurance challenges during the season (immediately reminded of him destroying everyone in the car parts carrying back and forth challenge) so seeing him wiped in day 2 was surprising but I’m sure the night before played a role.

it also made me think of how CT struggled in snow in the Final for Battle of the Exes (1 or 2 can’t remember which one) and how he talked about being a bigger guy and falling through the snow while Diem bounced over it. I imagine Fessy had the same issue.

stayillogical likes this.
  6. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I was also surprised Fessy got passed both days, but the CT callback is a good comparison.

Amazing how Jenny was first, even before any of the guys. The girls would be smart to not let her go to a final ever again, haha.

Also, I've been discussing with my sister and we thought Melissa has been pregnant the whole season and they were going to reveal it this episode. Unless we're wrong, but given the timeline of when they filmed it made sense.

7. meggers

Trusted

I think there was an article out with Melissa saying she was like 2 months pregnant, unknown to her, while doing the show.

I agree with everyone with feeling underwhelmed with this finale. I guess maybe the conditions played into the harshness of it, but it doesn’t translate. Kyle finishing second was surprising, so I hope in future seasons, he isn’t seen as an easy player to beat. I’d honestly love a season without Bananas. He’s great TV but I’d love to see some of the other players in a bigger role on the show.

The reunion next week looks crazy based on the little preview at the end.

8. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Yeah she had the kid in May i believe. So she was definitely pregnant. Rumor is production told TJ to take it easy on her when she was announcing her quitting.

9. marsupial jones

that would make sense. I still remember him tearing into that geeky guy that was with Jenna on Battle of the Exes when he couldn’t drink whatever the fuck that was lol so seeming him be like *long sigh* “ok bye” and that being it was surprising. Guess I thought maybe TJ was going soft lol

10. bobby_runs

You mean Jay who is the reason Jenna was even on MTV? It's so funny how he was dropped like a hot potato right away.

11. marsupial jones

??? I didn’t know that. What is the story there? He never struck me as having much personality. Granted he wasn’t really around long enough to make one lol but still

12. bobby_runs

13. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Wait, what? Why would they tell him that? I want to know exactly at what point she knew and when production knew she was pregnant.

14. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Soo CBS All Access just got seasons 11-31 for streaming! Watching Fresh Meat 1 right now. Been looking for this for so long.

15. marsupial jones

whaaaaaaaaat???? How the hell did CBS get that?? I just got CBS for Survivor now I get to relive most of these seasons too? Amazing.

Signifire likes this.
  16. marsupial jones

Both Fresh Meat seasons were so good and fun

Signifire likes this.
  17. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Yeah! I really wish they’d do another one. Some of the cast members are so stale at this point.

18. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I think Viacom owns MTV and CBS, right?

bobby_runs likes this.
  19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Correct!

20. marsupial jones

agreed. I feel like they could easily take a bunch of Big Brother people or people from other shows and put them on Fresh Meat 3 instead of just inserting them in a season on their own.

looking at the list of people that were the fresh meat on those two seasons they got some people that became quite significant and legendary. Not sure they’d be able to have as many home runs again but I’m shocked they haven’t tried it again.

21. marsupial jones

ahh that makes sense then. Crazy how some channels and things are connected when they seem exact opposites (although that’s smart business practice)

22. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

OMG this is the greatest news! I've been dying to go back through some of those old seasons. Only thing that would've made it better is if they had the first 10 seasons as well, but hey, beggers can't be choosers.

Signifire likes this.
  23. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I also see they have Are You the One? on there now, too. Would be interesting to watch some of the seasons to see some of the cast members who eventually transferred over into The Challenge.

24. bobby_runs

Johnny Bananas said on the BS podcast that Fresh Meat casts came from leftovers of Real World casting. So with no RW we won’t get a true Fresh Meat season again. Sucks because RW has always had the better characters. No one from the last season has even been on The Challenge.

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Got the free trial to CBS, gonna try out rewatching some stuff.

Also, Bananas told a story about Kyle that will make me respect him forever.