Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Challenge (MTV Series, formerly Real World vs. Road Rules) TV Show • Page 20

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Trotsky, Aug 28, 2016.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Omg can’t believe she lost again before getting to a final lmao

2. marsupial jones

I would like to see a season where:

- there’s no nights out to a club
    - no alcohol in the bunker at all
    - some type of notification on how often a challenge takes place (is it every day? Every other day? Every 3 days?)
    - would be cool to see challenges at random times - have one at noon, another at midnight, another at 5 am and with no warning
    - make the house more mental torture and an added component (they’ve dabbled with this but could do more)
    - make all of the changes more grueling. The one from this past week didn’t require any physical component and barely any thought since teams were of 7 people) but maybe leave in trivia but add more dynamics to what the contestants are going through (heights and spinning or something)
    - don’t allow the other teams to see the challenge before they begin
    - have like a “mini final” in the middle of the season
    - definitely keep the new rule of needing to win an elimination to run the final
    - no team challenges, all individual challenges

I know some of this would make it less “The Challenge” and more Survivor-ish or other similar shows but idk I feel like there is a lot they could change up to make a really grueling challenge season

3. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I want them to go back to a team mode that isn't USA v World or UK. Oh and I kinda miss when money would be accrued during the season and not all at the final.

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Not gonna lie I love when they go to the nightclub and drink, love the drama it stirs.

Nany imo is just not a great athlete? Has she ever even made it to a final? My memory is terrible with that stuff.

5. marsupial jones

No she’s never made it to a Final. She’s been on 9 seasons now. that’s why they wanted her / the team to win so she could get her red skull and FINALLY get to one.

6. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I had to look it up because I wasn’t sure but she did make the final in Free Agents

7. marsupial jones

Watching Dee get demolished was awesome.

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Definitely, I like Jenny too. She get's a ton of shit on social media because of how she looks and handles it really well and conveys some great messages in response to the dumb criticism.

9. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Just making sure, this means how she comes across on the show or her actual, physical looks? Neither one merits being called out on social media, but it's much worse if people are calling her out on her actual looks. That's just pathetic.

10. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

If Cory ever votes Nelson into an elimination in the future, it could be the biggest heel turn of all-time, haha.

meggers, RJ Knorr and oldjersey like this.
  11. bobby_runs

I decided to look at spoilers since they've been out forever. (mainly because I was hoping Dee didn't win)

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Physical looks, saying she 'looks like a man' because of her physique and also her lips she had cosmetic work on.

13. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Wow. That's disgusting. Some people are just the worst.

14. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I've somehow avoided the spoilers, but I was tempted to look for that very reason, too. So glad she didn't even make the final so we don't have to worry about awkward editing and shortened versions of the last episodes.

marsupial jones and meggers like this.
  15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Take a look at her IG, she really does a great job fighting it and turning it into a positive message. It made me really become a fan of her.

Groogz likes this.
  16. bobby_runs

In regards to Dee her disappearance is fine when narrating whats happening in the house (she was starting to act like Paulie and put an act on for the camera). Gameplay wise it's frustrating.

17. marsupial jones

Impressive of Rogan to own up and just go into the last elimination, avoiding any wasted time of a vote or awkwardness. I could really see him becoming the “face” of the Challenge for the next decade or so if he continues playing. He’s physically intimidating / impressive, young, has pretty good comedic timing / lines and doesn’t take himself too seriously but also usually does pretty good in challenges and is getting better at the political game.

Signifire, stayillogical and RJ Knorr like this.
  18. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Man what an episode. Nelson putting himself into elimination for Cory’s sake is probably the most touching moment I’ve ever seen on the show. I haven’t been the biggest fan of his this season but he’s a hell of a friend.

19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hahaha I had a hard time caring considering Nelson is in the top 10 worst cast members on the show and Cory is not far behind

NJPunkMusic and marsupial jones like this.
  20. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

I agree about them being bottom tier cast members, at least personality wise, but that move definitely made me gain respect for Nelson. That kind of friendship is hard to come by. And genuine moments like that on the Challenge like never happen haha.

21. marsupial jones

i used to really dislike Nelson and have always been "meh" on Cory. now i mostly just dislike them because their talking heads are so fucking cheesy. they both talk themselves up like they've done anything on the show - and been that way from the start - when neither hasn't done shit.

and as memorable and nice as Nelson's move was... does he really think Cory stands a chance to win the final? if he does, god bless him, because i don't ever see Cory winning a Final. i know anything can happen and they mix all things together (strength, endurance, puzzles, teamwork, luck, etc.) idk what it is, but he just doesn't seem to have the "it" factor necessary (maybe it's puzzles he sucks at that makes me think that way?)

22. marsupial jones

depending on how Fessy does in the Final and if future seasons continue the "need to win an elimination to get to the Final" he could be a real beast for years to come if he continues with the show. only thing i could see is if the house agrees NOT to vote him in because they know he's likely to win. like, if he wins this season, on his first try, i could see his next season being one where all the guys in the house block him out, kind of like how they used to vote out Eric and / or put him with the other team so he'd screw up their chances.

23. I think I'm in the minority, but I've always liked Cory and Nelson. I've wanted Nelson to win a Challenge for a while now, so it sucks that it's not happening this season. Man, if he could have won with Shane on Final Reckoning I would have been so happy for both of them.

24. marsupial jones

Hate to say it but I found that to be a disappointing Final. Maybe because elevation gain and cold temperatures are hard to get across on screen vs other activities and physical barriers but that kind of felt like two challenges put together.

mike1885 likes this.
  25. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Completely agreed. This was a super underwhelming finale for what I found to be a pretty good season. We had two people quit, one boring elimination, and the final itself never really felt like an exciting challenge. One thing I did get a laugh at was when Fessy called out Rogan in his confessional about 'stepping up' for the elimination, when in actuality, everyone was voting him in anyway (same as last week).

mike1885 likes this.