Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Challenge (MTV Series, formerly Real World vs. Road Rules) TV Show • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Trotsky, Aug 28, 2016.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Sucks Wes is gone. I'm enjoying this season so much without Paulie. He puts on such a charade for his confessionals and when the camera is on him in the house. Hope Cara maria drops him soon so she can go back to being somewhat likable.

EDIT:
    I'd like to see Evelyn back. Emily from DC will likely never come back since shes big in the fitness world now. Would also like to see Frank from second San Diego season make a return. He was part of the team that totally flipped the game around when it was more team based.

I'd also like to see the competition as a whole go back to staying team based and earning money at each challenge.

2. RJ Knorr Jun 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 9, 2020)
    RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

Groogz and meggers like this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Woah, didn't even see what she had said. Good for them.

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

5. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

RJ Knorr likes this.
  6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ummmm I'm kinda intrigued to sign up for this friends and benefits patreon

7. meggers Jun 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 10, 2020)
    meggers

Trusted

RJ Knorr likes this.
  8. allastud

Regular

I bet the Dee situation cause for the hour long episode instead of the regular 90 min length

9. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I was wondering the same thing. I could be wrong, but I don't think she had any confessionals tonight.

10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Just finished the episode and now reading this thread and yeah, that makes sense why the episode was so short and why at the end they didn’t have any clips or voiceovers of her or anything. Curious how much editing they’re going to do to future episodes. Hopefully they have other stuff they can show but if it’s just filler to pad the time then I guess I’m fine with them being 40 minutes the rest of the way to the final.

11. marsupial jones

Also sucks that this overlooks the jaw dropping Rogan heel turn (or is it a face turn now that we know more about Dee lol) Before the challenge.

that was a beautifully surprising and gutsy move for him to make with her fucking standing right there lol

12. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

So they edited alot of Dee stuff out this week. Canada got the full hour and a half episode and I read a rundown of it on Reddit and yes they edited a lot of Dee out. I understand why, but I still would have liked to see her reactions to Wes getting eliminated the day before and Rogan throwing her under the bus. They also show a lot of scheming to get her out with Rogan, Jenny, and Bananas

OhTheWater likes this.
  13. allastud

Regular

I live in Canada and watch on MTV Canada's Tv Channel. At 8pm yesterday they on TV aired the shorter cut of the episode that you all saw in the US. It wasn't until they uploaded it last night or this morning that the full cut went up on MTV.ca.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  14. marsupial jones

Weird that they wouldn’t / didn’t show Jenny, Bananas and Rogan scheming since Dee wasn’t in those scenes. When Bananas asks Rogan if he’s game for him to say Dee’s name I thought, “oh shit he just got put on the spot. Holy awkwardness” because they didn’t show Bananas and Rogan EVER talking but that makes sense now it scenes of that were cut.

The US version makes it seem like Bananas is throwing Rogan under the bus at first lol

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  15. allastud

Regular

my wife noticed Bananas crossing his fingers in the tribunal which was the only give away that he was up to something

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  16. marsupial jones

thats true, I remember that now that you say that. He also makes a couple of faces when they’re discussing who to bring in but otherwise there isn’t much to go on here to know at all what was coming.

which, was kind of fun instead of a long drawn out back and forth of conversations. To think that 20 minutes were cut and that was all originally... talking or scheming? Sometimes some episodes get bogged down in that stuff.

and while I’m sure they had to act fast - they couldn’t have put in a few more minutes from the challenge itself to replace what was cut?

crazy to remember for years this show was only 30 minutes which would have been like 20 minutes of actual show lol

17. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

The music cue for “my favourite game” by the cardigans might have been one of my favorites in the history of the show.

18. allastud

Regular

but when it was a 30 minute show there was more episodes and one week was the daily challenge then next week was the elimination, instead of it all in one.

19. marsupial jones

Man, they really completely erase Dee from the show lol. Impressive how little you even see if her in background shots. I honestly forgot she won last week and was on the show until the end of the challenge when they had to briefly show her.

NJPunkMusic and meggers like this.
  20. It's jarring for Dee to just disappear like that. I wish MTV had just left this season alone and left her out of future seasons. Camilla did a lot worse from what I remember, and MTV didn't really care about Leroy's feelings back then.

NJPunkMusic and OhTheWater like this.
  21. marsupial jones

I wonder if they’ll ever air the originally intended episodes or put a disclaimer up before certain episodes. Imagine watching this season five years from now for the first time and suddenly seeing Dee just vanish yet still be on the show lol

not saying MTV has to do that and not trying to sound like I’m defending Dee, I’m thinking from the audience perspective who isn’t going to know / remember why they suddenly cut her out entirely down the road and be very confused.

And dear god I hope she doesn’t win the Final lol wtf would that look like

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

They definitely won't air the original cuts, they probably will just provide the disclaimer like they used last week and probably will use every week if anyone ever re-watched.

23. marsupial jones

Oh I must have missed the disclaimer then. I thought it just went unspoken

24. meggers

Trusted

They’ll probably use the disclaimer like RuPaul’s Drag Race had to this past season when they had to edit out a contestant after allegations came out about them.

25. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

How the fuck does someone call themselves swaggy c and take themselves seriously. It also makes me unable to take bayleigh seriously.