Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Challenge (MTV Series, formerly Real World vs. Road Rules) TV Show • Page 18

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Trotsky, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Are the Champs vs. Stars and Champs vs. Pros seasons worth watching? I watched the first two episodes of vs. Pros and was kinda bored by it. Only memorable moment was Wes beating Bananas in an elimination.

Groogz likes this.
  2. meggers

Trusted

I think the champs vs pros season was better. Neither compare to an actual season of the challenge but it got better as time went on.

Signifire likes this.
  3. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Tonight’s episode was legendary

4. allastud

Regular

so Bananas is now the best male competitor in the house by a long shot, no one is close to him

5. Signifire

Teej cackling at everyone as they fall during the challenge is a beautiful thing

6. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I was thinking of this exact elimination when they kept saying last night that it could be the first time Bananas and Wes meet in an elimination. Guess it shows how much they thought of those Champs Vs.. seasons.

meggers, RJ Knorr and Signifire like this.
  7. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Damn, I’m caught up. I haven’t actually watched a season or followed one while it aired since... idk 9th grade? I was more than happy to always wait to buy the season on amazon after it aired so I could cruise through it. Fuck.

haven’t read through the threads last few pages yet since I didn’t want any spoilers, but man, Zack, wyd bro? I assume most hated him on his first season (I did) - Battle of the Seasons, right? (Glad that only got one attempt as an idea) and rightfully so but then he turned into such a cool dude but he’s always had bizarre freak out moments and making Jenna feel like shit and being the angry jealous frat bro is super disappointing.

Oddly enough, or maybe I’m just late to the party, but I feel like Rogan could be the “new” Zack. He has the size and intimidation factor, but he can also be goofy and funny as shit. If Rogan just turns down the tough guy persona he tries to force sometimes he’d be a consistently awesome competitor for the show.

8. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I love that Rogan was mentored by this new CT/Pops. He plays the game well, I don't think he does the tough guy thing at all. Has he been in any fights in the house? I don't recall.

I also love that Dee learned how to play the game from Wes, haha. These vets passing on their knowledge to the newer regulars. The best part is that Dee didn't know how to swim and he taught her in a pool. And now she's a Challenge winner.

marsupial jones likes this.
  9. marsupial jones

I think I see Rogan’s “tough guy” approach in his standalone camera talks more so than in action in this house but I don’t recall all of his seasons offhand. For the most part he’s great but like when he was talking about getting ready to go against Jay it seemed like he was trying to act for a role in a serious drama or something lol

yeah I love the dynamics the show has with some of the relationships. I loved when Wes was talking about Dee and how he may not be able to control her anymore lmao

I hope we see Big T in the future, she was a breath of fresh air

Swaggy C is pretty cool

Fessy is just there. Aside from beating Jordan I don’t think he’s said or done anything lol

Bear... I can’t believe I actually enjoy him for the most part. That first season he was on he was intolerable which I’m sure helped with a lot of editing on MTV’s part to make a new villain but goddamn does he have some genuine hilarious moments and his self-deprecation is gold. I’ll never forget the look on his face when he saw the pictures on the ceiling above the bed lmao

Josh... it took me a good three minutes to remember his name. He’s oddly fascinating in that he’s barely smarter than a box of rocks, never an actual threat yet should be physically imposing and think he knows how to play the game but everyone basically just ignores him

Signifire likes this.
  10. marsupial jones

Thread question: anyone that hasn’t been on a season in awhile that you’d like to see again?

No order and definitely missing people:

Sarah - preferably on a season without Bananas since that would be the entire focus of every episode I imagine

Laurel - I know she was on last season (or the one before) but I always liked her for the most part

Emily - she was so adorable and such a badass

Derrick - he was always such a crazy great competitor and it’s good to have smaller size people on the show

Landon - he was always so peaceful and Boy Scout like, yet he kicked ass in most challenges. Still pissed at that one he lost to Brad because fucking Brad of all people outsmarted someone in a challenge. Was awesome to see him win Fresh Blood with Carly when she was the last pick.

11. stayillogical

I miss Abram.

12. Signifire

Johnny Riley was pretty entertaining, I’d like to see him back but I don’t think there’s any chance of that happening. Devin is another one, I think we’ll see him in one of the next few seasons. He’s always really fun to watch, even though his beef with Bananas seems pretty artificial.

13. Signifire

one of my favorite moments of this season was him trying so hard to act like he has a long-lasting rivalry with Wes, only for Wes to just completely dismiss him and say he’s not even on his level.

OhTheWater and stayillogical like this.
  14. Signifire

Watching Final Reckoning right now and I have no idea what all this drama is about half the time lmao. These fools just wanna fight about everything.

15. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Evan and Kenny are banned from the show right? They were both thoroughly entertaining and great competitors, but I thought they had done some stuff behind the scenes that got them kicked off for good. Anyone remember what was the deal with that?

16. Signifire

They allegedly sexually assaulted Tonya with a toothbrush, and yes it seems like they are rightfully banned although MTV has never come right out and said as much.

Groogz and stayillogical like this.
  17. Signifire Jun 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 6, 2020)
    Signifire

Rogan is another confusing one. I don’t think he really has what it takes to be a beast on the level that Zack was. He just doesn’t seem to be able to win with any consistency. That being said, I’ve turned around a lot on him. Used to think he was just kinda there but he actually has a lot of heart and has some funny one liners here and there.

edit: on the subject of a new Zack, Hunter is a beast.

18. Signifire

Final Reckoning is just not a great season. So many annoying personalities and storylines. Still better than the Champs vs. shows though.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Rogan was pretty shitty to Dee

bobby_runs, RJ Knorr and meggers like this.
  20. Signifire

Yeah I thought about that right as I hit post. I don’t really remember the specific details though.

21. meggers

Trusted

I’d love to see some Road Rules people come back. I know Shane and Veronica have been on recent seasons, but I’d love to see Susie and Mark again.

I’m honestly surprised Swaggy has stayed around this long because his game on Big Brother was terrible.

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

He seemed to be really getting close with her and then saw she fainted when she was exercising one time and dropped her like a bad habit and I believe spearheaded the vote to get her in an elimination, she was pretty devastated and he probably was just playing her to begin with. Just don't like dudes like that, he seems like he treats women shitty. Not saying he's an abuser or anything though.

23. Signifire

Ah yeah that’s right, I kind of remember that now. That is really shitty.

24. stayillogical

Wes making sure Josh is not voted in every week has been one of the best storylines. I love it. I also like how they waste a vote on Kyle and he takes it so personally. But it's just for kicks.

25. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

Oof, yeah that's fucked up. I can't recall specifically, but I'd imagine that was probably Tonya's last season too then. Hope she's alright after all that.