Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chainsmokers - Memories... Do Not Open (April 7, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Feb 22, 2017.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I don't know, I find most pop albums to be pretty uniform and underwhelming personally haha. It's difficult for me to even list them off because, well, i've most likely forgotten about them (like i will this album). Like, my personal least favorites have always been Katy Perry and Pink if you want me to name a specific act? I know you guys love Ariana Grande, but I've never considered her music to be anyhing more than "whatever producer had in mind for the month".

but what im getting at is... okay, this album was underwhelming... but they've still released 3-5 pretty solid singles over the past year or so and yet, i'm getting this sense that they're absolutely dispised and people think they're "the worst". That's really odd to me.

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I don't find any of their beats or hooks unique or appealing, their personalities are horrible and the dude is a pretty boring singer

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

there is some good stuff on this album. it's just too bad these guys are absolute douchebags.

4. Inna Selez

Regular

Can I ask a question? Did they do or say anything bad in interview? Maybe I missed some info. Cuz I listened songs but don't know anything about their personalities at all.

5. jorbjorb

7 rings

Inna Selez likes this.
  6. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

I don't post about music much these days, but I feel compelled to post about how awful these guys are and what a shame it is that this is what's popular now.

7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Paris the only song I actually like off of this.

8. Inna Selez

Regular

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

10. irthesteve

This is so unbelievably bad.

ComedownMachine likes this.
  11. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

The fucking worst

12. irthesteve

I honestly can't comprehend how the two of them decided to stop having female guest vocalists, but instead have the pretty boy sing. They've never been great, but boy is all this recent stuff waaaay worse

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

lol, idk, I didn't think it was thaaat horrible. It's decent enough.

14. irthesteve

100% disagree

15. Inna Selez

Regular

They should invite a singer next time. The sound is cool.

16. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

lol trying a little too hard to be twenty one pilots

Onlyadirector likes this.
  17. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

imagine "playing" the drums in that video and thinking you're passing at all. this is unlistenable and honestly kind of embarrassing. can't imagine how minutes 2 and 3 are

18. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I feel bad for twenty one pilots. A lot of people already dislike them and this isn't gonna help it.

19. Lucas27

Trusted

I don't feel too bad. People already hate them as religiously as others love them. I don't think a cruddy Chainsmokers song is gonna change any of that.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  20. Lucas27

Trusted

Also, the first page of this thread is absolute gold.

21. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I really enjoy Closer and Paris but everything else I've heard from these guys was complete balls

22. irthesteve

new song out at midnight

23. irthesteve

oh god, this one is embarrassingly bad as well.

smowashere likes this.
  24. Inna Selez

Regular

irthesteve, please enjoy clip also ;-p

25. irthesteve

but do I have to watch it??? :tear: