Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chainsmokers - Memories... Do Not Open (April 7, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Feb 22, 2017.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Album is not very good.

2. Inna Selez

Regular

Surprised they dropped full album on tube, will explore it on weekend.

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

What do you mean? Surprised that they put it on Youtube? The album released today and most albums go on Youtube these days.

4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Will revisit Paris, Don't Say, and MAYBE Young. Everything else is not good

5. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Listening to this album and judging myself at the same time. I like pop music, but this is not good. I only knew the Halsey song going in so should I expect this to do well in the mainstream? Obviously, some of the dance/nightclubs will use some of these songs, but just wondering what I should expect at sporting events and in the public.

6. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Did a quick wiki on Emily Warren and she is following in the Max Martin-Dr. Luke path. She has an impressive resume to her name, even if I don't listen to most of it. It's cool to see a women kind of take over the writing game a little.

7. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Ooh boy why did I just listen to this album. Paris was okay but it felt like some chords were ripped straight from Midnight City

Daniel182 likes this.
  8. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Gonna echo the comments in here and say this album is really bad.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

If you think Bloodstream sounds like Paris, it's not just because all the songs sound like, apparently the chorus of Bloodstream was used as an extended intro to Paris when playing live.... so then they made it a new song for the album, hah

10. Inna Selez

Regular

I kinda like only 2 songs - My Type and It Won't Kill Ya. Guess I paid my attention only because of girl`s vocals.

11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

all i know is that their SNL performance was incredibly awful

12. irthesteve

This album really proves that the group excels when they pair with a female pop vocalist. I really don't think their decision to start singing themselves is very smart, dude's voice really isn't that exciting or great.

Inna Selez likes this.
  13. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

lol

14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

15. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

The most disappointing part of these guys isn't that they're bad, it's that they're bad and they have such an awesome name for a rock and/or punk band.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  16. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Paris and Young are the only ones worth revisiting. Pretty terrible, generic record

17. irthesteve

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

They suck

amorningofsleep likes this.
  19. irthesteve

20. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

People are hating it because every song sounds the same? I'm sorry, how is this any different than a majority of pop albums? For the record, i listened to the album and said "eh", but the INCREDIBLE hate is because of who the guys are right?

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

which pop albums are you referring to?

22. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

well before i answer, i still want to know what the hate is mostly on. Is it the guys personality's? I'm trying to get an understanding here

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  23. irthesteve

"sounding the same" is definitely dependent on the listener, but I totally and completely believe this album has a more uniform, and less dynamic feel, than 90% of pop albums in the last few years

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Personality
    Him trying to be a singer when he isn't

25. irthesteve

Yeah, dude needs to sing way less. It works on Paris because he has the female vocals to play off, but a whole album with him just shows that he isn't a very good singer in general

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.