Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chainsmokers – “Closer” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. timcsheehan

Regular

great pop song. anyone know if the rest of their music is worth listening to?

3. devenstonow

Noobie

they had another song on the radio a while back that was pretty solid. the only line i remember is "smoke a little weed on the couch". Uncensored version threw me off guard after being used to the gap when they say 'weed'.

Song is bomb.

Also, fun fact, apparently this song was similar enough to Cable Car by The Fray that they're credited...kinda crazy IMO

4. devenstonow

Noobie

Also still can't believe these are the same guys that made that freaking Selfie song

Schooner and Carmensaopaulo like this.
  5. jorbjorb

7 rings

the other stuff they do is catchy too

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

They had a big hit with "Don't Let Me Down" featuring Daya. I enjoy that song a bunch more.

7. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I say the same thing when I hear their songs on the radio haha.

Schooner likes this.
  8. Schooner

Trusted

I remember seeing that when I was googling the history to the blink-182 line in the song. And I thought was odd. I can't even really pick the similarity. Fray got lucky with that one, bit of extra cash in the pocket for no apparent reason

9. Schooner

Trusted

Always strange how late music videos come out these days.

This was a hit about 2-3months ago and is already in the slide and they have a new single right?

10. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This makes it pretty clear.

Schooner likes this.
  11. This is just now getting the video treatment? Haven't they been pushing this song for a few months now?

12. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Same band?!? I had no idea!!!

13. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

music is catchy, but i can't stand these douche bros

ConArdist, ryan.conde and Schooner like this.
  14. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

gotta prolong their #1 reign, video views will do that for them

ConArdist likes this.
  15. DallasSF

Lyric video/kinda music video that dropped the same day as the song is only at 522 million views.

16. Schooner Oct 24, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 24, 2016)
    Schooner

Trusted

True. I forget that those count to charts these days. I'm only getting used to iTunes digital being the main source since physical is non existent

Ps. The new single is All We Know with Phoebe Ryan.
    Don't know her but it's nowhere near as catchy as the Halsey one

Pps. This is interesting

"According to Taggart, the track was inspired by the Blink-182 song "I Miss You", which the duo were listening to on repeat and is referenced in the song.[5] He later said the song instead was "Feeling This", though he could not really remember which: "I've listened to their self titled album so many times the whole thing is pretty much beat," he tweeted.[6] The band Taking Back Sunday also influenced the song."

17. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

My friend Timba opened for these dudes, tried to give it another shot. Can't stand it, they've released snippets of good music but as a whole this craze is over my head.

18. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Hate the music AND they are some of the biggest douche nozzles I've ever shared space with. Club scene is not my thing, hung out in the VIP with them and my god, shittiest night. I used to beef w/ Cherub, they remind me of them, their attitude that is.

19. Schooner

Trusted

Whoops some names just fell on the floor

20. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Agreed. The release schedule of music videos seems to be a mess this day and age. Like BMTH shot a really neat video for "Visions" in 2010 and it was released maybe eight months ahead of Sempiternal, their next album, and like 18 months after the song was released.:upside:

Schooner likes this.
  21. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

This x1000.

The Selfie song has taken the top spot of my personal worst songs ever list (edging out "Bananas" by Gwen Stefani). Then somehow, every other song they release is good. Completely threw me for a curve ball.

22. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

the tweets towards Halsey and that Billboard article gave me all i needed to know about these assholes. i love edm, but some parts of the culture is super toxic

23. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Thanks for helping fix the incorrect lyrics in my head. I swore it was "...in the backseat of your Rover that I know you can't afford / Like that tattoo on your shoulder." I was really confused at why she was making payments on a tattoo though. "Bite" definitely makes more sense (though still seems like unusual placement).

24. DallasSF

Oh, man, I totally thought it was "like" too.

CyberInferno likes this.
  25. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Ditt0x1,000,000. I make EDM music(ConArdist), if you wish to look me up! I hate the scene. I started in metal and fell ass-backwards into producing electronic music. Now I have 30k FB likes in five months. I hate the drugs(only smoke weed, benzos for anxiety), the braggadocio and the jealousy. I have a "benefit-free" sponsorship w/ Bose, and was politely grilled by the girlfriend of my DJ friend. She was trying to be nice but it came off as pure envy. For PLUR, there's a lot of animosity in that scene.