Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chain Gang of 1974 Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Great new band, especially if you're a 1975 fan; currently opening for The Naked and Famous on their tour.

2. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Dude, seriously thanks so much for posting about these guys in the 1975 thread a couple weeks ago. According to last.fm I've already racked up 153 plays on them since then. Not a bad song on "Daydream Forever," and the two new singles are ridiculously good.

Gonna move onto their first record soon (once I've played out the last one). Happy to have hopped on the train right before a new record. Everyone should check these guys out!

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Been following these guys for a while, I Still Wonders one of their best songs. Slow's good, especially the chorus. Excited for the album

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  4. Definitely not a "new" band. He's been making music under this name for almost ten years. Haha. I haven't listened to him since 2008 of 2009 though. Whenever he toured with 3Oh3...

5. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

When the hell is this thing coming out

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Really liking that song; solid 3 from 3 singles so far released

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

According to the band's Instagram, we're getting a "big announcement" today, which I assume is album information

9. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

June 23rd

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  10. i remember seeing them open for 3OH!3 back in the day... hahaha. haven't kept up with his music since then though.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I hadn't heard of him until he opened for The Naked and Famous last fall; really fun concert experience. Check out his 3 latest tracks if you can; great stuff

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. sawhney[rusted]2

That's such a weird billing lmfao

13. his music was a lot different back in the day. he even played bass in 3OH!3 for a bit.

14. sawhney[rusted]2

I've been following him since Wayward Fire was out...Hold On was one of my top 10 tracks in 2011. Still a really weird billing haha. Didn't know he played bass for 3OH!3, makes sense now!

15. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I had no idea this dude was still making music! Yes, it was very, very different back in the day.

16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Tom Powers of The Naked and Famous helped produce this new album, so that probably had some effect in this change of sound

17. yeah i haven't listened to him since like 2007, ha. that's funny.

18. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

What's Wayward Fire like? Might buy it as it's not on streaming but love Hold On

19. duritzfan13

all we have is time

It's on Spotify.. here in the US at least

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

He did a live stream on his Instagram about 30 minutes ago and played a track he hasn't released yet, called "Bliss" - sounded amazing, as per the 3 already-released tracks. Stoked

21. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

These new songs are straight 80's pop/new wave songs and they are really catchy. I am personally a fan of I Still Wonder because I'm a sucker for sax. But Slow has a nice build and driving sound to it. On first listen Wallflowers was my least favorite. Good stuff though.

22. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

weird, it's on Spotify but not Apple Music (UK)

23. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Yeah ISW is definitely the best of the three here imo, has such a good build and the final minute is pure bliss. The other two are also great but ISW made me so hype for this.

24. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

New song is great, chorus is so so catchy

Ferrari333SP and duritzfan13 like this.
  25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter