Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Car Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by jorbjorb, Apr 5, 2016.

1. fishguts182

Regular

I would go with the Outback if you are worried about space, the crosstrek can get a bit cramped when taking a road trip and needing to fit everyones luggage.

2. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

What code is it?

3. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Yup, that's my worry. We already have the one baby so if another comes along it'll be waaaaay to cramped.

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

5. muttley

Looks like your O2 sensor? If you had the 420 code before they are probably related. I dont know a whole lot about those - they check the oxygen levels going in and out of you catalytic converter I think. Someone else in here can probably confirm or deny.

6. Kiana

I just had my catalytic converter replaced like 1.5 months ago and a water pump and belt replaced a few weeks ago so I'm kinda just over car troubles ugh. Cars are dumb and expensive

7. muttley

If the sensor is bad but the converter is new, you should be okay. I think the sensor's purpose is to let you know whether or not the converter is doing its job. Again, I might be wrong so take what I say with a grain of salt haha.

Kiana likes this.
  8. Kiana

I think the car dude said something similar. He deactivated the code and said to come back if it came back on, which it did, but I still haven't cause I don't want it to be expensive. Blegh.

9. muttley

He said they would charge to delete the code? Maybe try an O'Reilly store? They give free diagnostics so they can probably delete codes too.

10. Kiana

No they didn't charge to delete the code but he said if it came back on it might be something more serious and to bring it back in. the exclamation point doesn't make me feel any better either lol.

I'm just gonna drive until I get paid next or break down whatever happens first!

11. Kiana Aug 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 17, 2016)
    Kiana

When I bought the car I have now I left my old one at my mom's cause I didn't know if it'd make it to where I live. I knew she was going to try and sell it so i signed the title over but I figured she'd run it by me. she text me after she sold it and barely got their name. I was annoyed but filled out the form with the dmv saying I sold it

Except they never registered it so now I get to pay the citation. The lady said if I emailed her with the buyer's info she'd send them a notice but I only have their name and i couldn't track them. My mom doesn't think I should pay it and call them on "their bluff" even tho the fee will increase and go to collections. It's my fault for being naive but I'm still irritated with her for not running it by me before she made the sale, not doing the sale properly, and giving terrible advice. And of course the owners.

BASICALLY I HATE CARS AND CARS HATE ME AND ALSO MY MOM IS ANNOYING AND THE FEE ISN'T EVEN THAT MUCH IF I AGREE TO PAY IT NOW BUT IT'S THE PRINCIPLE.

muttley likes this.
  12. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

I've had my 06 CR-V for ten years and god knows how much we've spent on it fixing shit and oil changes.

muttley likes this.
  13. jorbjorb

7 rings

would you say a lot of fixing? I've heard hondas are the most reliable.

14. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

2004 Nissan Sentra. Hit 120k recently. Car makes alot of weird noises, i doubt I'll pass my next inspection.

jorbjorb and muttley like this.
  15. muttley

Changed my oil and a bad headlight yesterday. Also dusted and cleaned the dash. Threw in a new air freshener to figuratively drive it home. Now if we can get a clear forecast, I'll actually wash the outside.

Richter915 likes this.
  16. windowbirds

replaced brakes twice, needs some body work, replaced an entire wheel because my tires blew out. also all the recalls.

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

that's not too bad at least it wasn't anything engine related

18. windowbirds

yeah, afaik, no real engine problems, just fluid and battery replacement.

oh yeah, i had the back hub bearing replaced just recently cause it was bent. there was also shocks i think.

jorbjorb likes this.
  19. jorbjorb

7 rings

brakes/shocks/tires go on all vehicles i think

20. windowbirds

I blew out a tire shortly after getting the tires rotated once. the entire wheel and tire was shredded that night.

jorbjorb likes this.
  21. Kiana

my mom found that she has the email of the person she sold my car to so hopefully they respond and get the car registered (ha doubt it), but I also realized she spelled their name wrong when she text it to me so I could fill out the notice of sale form so the document isn't even correct like OMG MOM

22. muttley

Low profile tires with aggressive tread are confusing as shit.

23. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

My BF just got a Ford Focus RS...anybody who knows about cars probably knows about it.

josephcissell and Ken like this.
  24. muttley

[​IMG]
    One of these? That car looks dope.

25. muttley

I like Jeep Renegades. They seem like the best option when it comes to smaller Jeeps (Patriot, Compass). I don't need a lifted, 12MPG Wrangler on the way to work. As a daily-driver that can get me down the majority of dirt roads I'd find myself on, I'm sold. If only it didn't require years of expensive car payments.