Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Car Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by jorbjorb, Apr 5, 2016.

1. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

With regular oil changes and not putting off any maintenance that needs to be done when it pops up that bad boy could easily last 200k+ miles

ComedownMachine likes this.
  2. jorbjorb

7 rings

my vw says to change the oil every 15000 km lol

muttley likes this.
  3. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

@jorbjorb That sounds wonderful haha.

I have to change mine every 3k-5k miles. Sometimes when I wait until 5, there's hardly anything left to change.

Not looking forward to buying new tires this summer. Mine were rated for 60k miles but it seems like they're on their way out after 50,000. I've noticed less traction on certain surfaces lately. I stopped rotating them a while ago which might have cost me that extra 10k.

jorbjorb likes this.
  4. jorbjorb

7 rings

If you don't live where there's snow just ride those tires bald LOL

5. muttley

lol. There's some tread left but it's getting close. Won't make it through summer that's for sure.

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

This thread reminded me, I REALLY need to get an oil change. Like immediately.

Mr. Serotonin and jorbjorb like this.
  7. Deborah Remus

Former Staffer

Yep. Winnipeg Transit is a joke.

jorbjorb likes this.
  8. This is not a photo of the Jeep that I own but it literally looks the exact same as mine:

[​IMG]

jorbjorb and muttley like this.
  9. muttley

My car is coming up on 201k miles. 50k of that is from me.

10. Kiana May 23, 2016
    (Last edited: May 23, 2016)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've had my car for a month or two and the engine light is on. I hope it's not something big

11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

You should be able to take it somewhere and get a diagnostic for free. If it's just the sensor it should tell you

12. Kiana

I did but it didn't tell me much. He said it was a sensor but then gave me a giant list of things that would cause it. He said it prob wasn't serious but I should get a mechanic to look at it and blah blah. His words: "it's not going to blow up or anything, but take it in." When the engine light goes on it cuts the cruise control off as a safety feature and it's annoying af. Now that I'm not working I'll hopefully be able to take it in soon.

Jdaniels likes this.
  13. Jdaniels

Regular

whats the first code? thats the thing to start with. sounds like a dumb autozone guy.

which sensor?

14. Kiana

Code was p0420, which I guess is pretty common. My stepdad looked at it and said he didn't see anything wrong but his interest in cars is also casual so idk how much he actually knows lol. But it happened the day after I got past my anxiety to do an oil change so I feel like I'm being punished tbh!!

15. Jdaniels

Regular

O2 sensor likely culprit, cheap enough fix and new stuff never hurts. :) haha cars suck but are necessary and when they're awesome, they're awesome.

muttley and Kiana like this.
  16. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Still pissed the place I got my oil change put Pennzoil in my car.

17. I drive a shitty 2000 Corolla. I would really like a Tacoma or suv. I like the older body styles of the crv, RAV4 and 4runners so if I can find one that's well taken care of of one of those...

18. muttley

@neptune I have a first gen CRV and I love it so much.

@Kiana i had the same code this year. For me, it was a bad catalytic converter. YouTube had some helpful videos on determining whether it was the o2 sensor or the cat.

Jdaniels likes this.
  19. jorbjorb

7 rings

I've gone from a small pickup, to an SUV and now to a car. Next will be a smart car.

20. jump start

Total ginger. Prestigious

I've had a small SUV and now a small-ish car. I don't think I'd go back to an SUV if I can help it.

jorbjorb likes this.
  21. muttley

I like the middle ground of small SUVs since I can't afford two vehicles. It would be nice to have an efficient car and a jacked 4x4.

22. jorbjorb

7 rings

yeah it was a toss up for me. I liked being up off the ground but as a single person it wasn't needed.

Honda CRV's are sick though. last forever.

muttley likes this.
  23. fishguts182

Regular

Purchased a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek last weekend such an awesome car.

popdisaster00 and jorbjorb like this.
  24. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

In February, 2015 I purchased my first new car. It's 2015 Ford Focus ST and I'm still very much in love with it. Beats driving the 2001 Expedition (inherited from my father when his work relocated) I drove from when I was 16.

25. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Thinking about getting one of those. They look perfect for what I need.