Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Car Thread • Page 16

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by jorbjorb, Apr 5, 2016.

1. jorbjorb

7 rings

What’s the interest rate you get on it? Usually they hike that on used cars while you can get 0 percent on a new one.

I’m personally not a fan of that dent in the front fender. Would probably cost 2-3k to fix and if you don’t fix it, it would be hard to resell.

2. Iain

Regular

My mind is blown that instead of fixing the issues with the vehicle, they are just reducing the price on it. I mean a dent in the bumper? Surely they would be aswell fixing it and commanding a higher price? Atleast its common practice here in the UK. Sounds sketchy to me to why they arent bothering.

jorbjorb likes this.
  3. jorbjorb

7 rings

Sometimes I wish this was my car.

Brent likes this.
  4. midnightxtaylor

Regular

How do you handle a car you really want being listed wayy over what it's worth? Since I've now been tracking Crosstrek's for 3 months :tear:, I feel like I know what is reasonable or not (plus KBB says exactly what I was thinking too).

KBB listing

It's been for sale for 48 days, originally listed for $15,987, dropped to $15,874 for like one day, now at $17,987. And doesn't even have the All Weather Package like most Crosstrek's, which is super weird. I can't see any reason they would list it so much higher than others with similar miles/age.

This is the dealership I test drove my first Crosstrek at, and they said they were willing to negotiate (I didn't because I found out that car was over 100k miles), but I feel like it would be pointless to tell them their car is $4-5k overpriced.

jorbjorb likes this.
  5. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Find that car in similar condition at other dealerships and see what they are going for there. If they’re priced lower like you they should be then go to the dealership and say you want the car for that price, or else you’re going to a different dealership that will

jorbjorb and currytheword like this.
  6. currytheword

Trusted

Caught this Lotus parked outside my job today. Beautiful but quite obviously a dream whip for me.

816885DB-B427-444C-BCC5-88599D905922.jpeg

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Brent and jorbjorb like this.
  8. jorbjorb

7 rings

love the sound of this one

Ken, GrantCloud and Ferrari333SP like this.
  9. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

My cube failed emissions this week... 140K on it, needs a new catalytic converter... which will run about $1500 or so. And needs to be done in the next 60 days. I'm leaving for a month in about 65 days, so may just get rid of it and then buy a new car upon returning... I guess 10 years with a car isn't bad.

jorbjorb and Ken like this.
  10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

that seems insanely high for a cat... did the dealer give you this quote?

jorbjorb likes this.
  11. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Is it? From what I lightly researched the part is like 1100-1300, then labor... any previous experience with replacing them yourself?

Ken and jorbjorb like this.
  12. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

what year is it? I've never replaced them myself but I've bought downpipes before with and without cats and they're never that expensive. Perhaps it's a cube thing.

jorbjorb likes this.
  13. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

2010. A couple friends on base who work on cars are going to check it out for me.

Ken and jorbjorb like this.
  14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm ordering a new car tomorrow! I can't wait. I'm spending way too much on it, but phuxk it.

SlappinCups, jorbjorb, Brent and 2 others like this.
  15. midnightxtaylor

Regular

This is like a month late, but after six months without a car, I got my damn Crosstrek! And then my brother liked it so much that he went and bought a 2020 Crosstrek (mine's a 2015... :-|) Whatever, I got my car.

Brent, Ken and GrantCloud like this.
  16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I ordered a 330i xdrive on Saturday. It’s being built in Germany next week :seeno:

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

Congrats! That's one sick car.

Ken likes this.
  18. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

This wait is phuxkin killing me

jorbjorb likes this.
  19. jorbjorb

7 rings

How long does it take to ship the car from Germany?

Ken likes this.
  20. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Well, it's in "quality check" right now and has been since the 17th. But for some people that takes a few hours.. others it can take up to a week or two. Shipping time from Germany to the east coast is typically 2-3 weeks. I'd guess I'm 3-4 weeks from taking delivery at this point. I check the website to look for an update at least twice a day haha. Once it's done with the quality check, it should leave the factory and be headed to the port in a day or two at most.

jorbjorb likes this.
  21. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Imagine if it was in China? lol.

But for real I've heard on two different podcasts this week that they have product getting held during this outbreak.

22. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

my car right now:
    [​IMG]

23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Finally getting my car today! I couldn't be more excited. Time is standing still right now.

24. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Post pics later!

25. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

think u gonna **** in it?

jorbjorb, Sean Murphy and Ken like this.