Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Car Thread • Page 13

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by jorbjorb, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm not a truck guy. I want to have one as a second car so I can haul shit around someday, but I hate driving them. The lower to the ground, the better.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

Yeah, it was nice being able to literally move my whole life from to Bay Area to Long Beach in my truck, but actually driving it here was no bueno.

Ken likes this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I hate driving and will always try to get someone else to do it if i can, but I will say that my car catching on fire has made me more comfortable driving other cars. I used to get super anxious and sometimes refuse to drive cars i wasn't familiar with, but now i can hop in a big truck or a soccer mom van or an SUV or whatever since I've had to borrow so many ppls cars lol

4. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

got an ‘18 Mazda CX-5, love it

Brent likes this.
  5. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Driving is one of my favorite things to do. Even when I was a kid, I loved being along for the ride.

6. Kiana May 17, 2018
    (Last edited: May 17, 2018)
    Kiana

I hate driving cause I'm pretty sure I'm meant to die by car and haven't gotten the hint yet lol. Well I've gotten the hint and have chosen to take my chances. Knock on wood.

muttley likes this.
  7. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I try to drive pretty defensively. There's always the unknown factor of the other drivers causing an accident, especially here in AZ where a lot of people drive like assholes.

Something about watching the world go by outside my window is super calming. Add some good music and I am happy. It's a good time to think, too.

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

I wish I had a goddamn sun roof but it would be too expensive to switch cars now.

9. Dog with a Blog May 19, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2018)
    Dog with a Blog

EA3C49A7-193E-44DB-A71B-864AA046A87A.jpeg 3935CF1B-5BF0-4497-8DB8-02C4F8AA26CB.jpeg 05AB720B-BDAA-4DF2-B1F9-676AC5C2BC83.jpeg

God damn. Forgot how good it feels to drive a stick

jorbjorb likes this.
  10. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

I was driving my girlfriends Corolla yesterday and went to push in a clutch that wasn’t there and I whiffed really hard

11. Dog with a Blog

This happened to me allll the time when I started driving automatic :crylaugh:

12. Kiana

Gonna try to get a car on Saturday. There's a dealership next town over I've heard lots of good stuff from so I feel like I trust them but not sure I'm enthused about their inventory. They had a prius I rly liked but it's gone now. They have a few Toyota corollas, which is a car I'm interested in, but they only like 1 or 2 in my budget so we'll see, or maybe I can talk them down from a more expensive one idk idk

Ken and jorbjorb like this.
  13. jorbjorb

7 rings

That car is really comfortable to drive and will outlive you haha. Good luck.

Ken and Kiana like this.
  14. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Drove an Elentra and Sonota today at work (gov vehicles for recruiting) and dont see how i could ever drive a compact/sedan again. Felt like a 15 year old inside of them... just so small. Looking to get the new Insight or Ascent by the end of the year though.

15. Kiana Jun 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 9, 2018)
    Kiana

I bought a 2016 Toyota corolla. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Car itself seems great but I paid more than what I wanted tho it's also newer and has less miles than I anticipated getting. Not even cause of a pressurey salesperson, but I went with a friend who did not tell me she was bringing all her kids with us and it was a nightmare. Plus she wanted to trade in her car and look for one too and she had piles of grime and garbage in her car that she left cleaning out until the last minute so we started the search later than I wanted to and had less time. So chaotic and ridiculous that I could not deal. Kids were off the rails and it was so hard to focus and concentrate but nobody else was willing to go with me and I needed a car, so... yeah. I'm trying to make peace with it but am having a difficult time since I didn't spend the time I wanted thinking it thru and I feel like it was short-sighted of me. Sigh.

I just despise being in debt. I now owe more on a car than I do in student loans ugh. I wish i wouldve gotten a car when i still had my old one. Not even just to trade it in, but so it wasn't such an immediate need and I could take time and be choosey.

jorbjorb and Ken like this.
  16. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Does the dealership have any kind of option to return the car within a certain amount of time so you can pick a different one? On the plus side, I have a 1995 Corolla with 230,000 miles that I've had for 12 years now and it only has very minor issues, so at least it'll last you a while.

I have started looking at cars though, because my car wont last forever, but I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm kind of obsessed with Subaru Crosstreks, but I'm not sure I'll find one in my price range. :-/

Opinions/experience with Crosstreks?

Kiana likes this.
  17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Just test drove it, ended up getting the Outback instead. Wanted more space, plus the premium features it had vs the Crosstrek.

18. midnightxtaylor

Regular

What did you think of the Crosstrek though? I have no need for more space than that and don't necessarily need any premium features. I'll probably start looking more seriously once my student loan is paid off this summer.

19. subplotofcrows

I really like the design of the Crosstrek but at the end of the day it’s just a more expensive lifted Subaru Impreza with “rugged” body cladding. I test drove a (snazzy looking) orange one. The interior is ok, but the real letdown was how absolutely slow it was. If I was buying a crossover I’d probably look at a Mazda Cx-3 or Cx-5.

Brent likes this.
  20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, it's guts are the same as the Impreza, whereas the Outback is the same guts as the Legacy.

21. Kiana

My old car had a windshield wiper on the back windshield and this current one does not and it is super throwing me off!

22. Kiana

So. Yesterday I was driving on like a 55mph road. It was a red light and when it turned green and I went to go, the check engine light came on and it said trac off and it wouldn't go above like 20mph. I googled and it seems like a fairly commonish problem but could have a few causes and I'm like ugggh heavy sigh. I turned the car off and on and it went away but idk why it came on at all. I called the dealership and they want me to take it to their shop next week but with my work schedule idk if I can. I'm new so I dont have a v flexible schedule yet. Heavy sigh x2.

23. jorbjorb

7 rings

The new Mazda 3 sedan and corolla hatch back look sweet. Freaking expensive though.

Ken likes this.
  24. subplotofcrows

All new cars are expensive which blows.

Corolla Hatch is very awesome and in the base SE model is probably the best value for a manual hatchback. The rev matching “iMT” is impressive.

I still have my crappy 98 Civic 5-speed and I keep saying I’m going to buy a new car but all I’ve done is test drive a lot and waste a bunch of dealers time.

Mazda3 looks literally perfect but as it’s going to be a new model it’s going to be expensive and out of my budget.

jorbjorb likes this.
  25. jorbjorb

7 rings

That civic will last forever dude. The safety features on modern vehicles are worth a look though.