Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Canada Thread • Page 7

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Deborah Remus, Apr 18, 2016.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, I just don't like the album. And that's ok. I don't need to go back to it.

2. Deborah Remus

Former Staffer

Exactly! I just don't get it at all. Single Mothers not only write better songs, but they are also phenomenal live and PUP do not come close to capturing their intensity.

3. burnout2888

Regular Prestigious

So I possibly have a job waiting for me in Vancouver in about six months. How hard is it to migrate from the US to Canada and become a citizen, in case I decide I want to stay there permanently?

SurreyCtrlJunkie likes this.
  4. Kennedy Jun 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 17, 2016)
    Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

i dont really know the answer to this, but i do think its taking longer to get work visas right now than it was, say 3 years ago.

3 years ago i got a 2 year visa to live in the USA (lived in ATL Georgia), and it came fairly easy. but i have friends waiting for visas to go to the USA right now that are getting delayed. so if youre going to make a move, start things as soon as possible! just to be safe

EDIT: actually disregard all of that. that was a dumb post haha. Me and others leaving Canada to the US will be completely different than you leaving the US into Canada. so basically im not help haha

5. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I like Single Mothers, PUP and Dirty Nil. They're all good and different bands that would fit super well on one bill. PUP are just more immediately accessible compared to the other two.

6. SurreyCtrlJunkie

I'm from Canada myself! I'm from Toronto, Ontario and I love visiting the following Canadian cities:

- Montreal, Quebec
    - Quebec City, Quebec
    - Ottawa, Ontario
    - Vancouver, British Columbia

The last time I went to Montreal and Quebec City - was five years ago when me, my mom and my mom's "boarding party" who came all the way from Laos (a country in Southeast Asia between Thailand and Vietnam). I really had good times back then.

As for Vancouver, my uncle and nephew lives there. That city reminds me about the Asian population there. My mind is saturated everything Asian in Vancouver.

Ottawa on the other hand, me and my dad are preparing to go there next month - as my birthday gift next month!

7. jorbjorb

7 rings

LWL are in da studio

Deborah Remus likes this.
  8. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Planning on going up to Cape Breton over Canada Day weekend and I'm so stoked. Mainly cause I've never camped before and my friend is a pro and is planning everything lol, but anyone else have any recs on things to do up there? Last weekend was beautiful weather and this weekend is supposed to be too, so I'm not sure of the likelihood that we'd get three weekends in a row of 23 and no rain haha.

9. mad Jul 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 1, 2016)
    mad

I was right. Prestigious

Happy Canada Day everyone!

cubsml34 likes this.
  10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Is anyone else going to be at osheaga this weekend?

11. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I saw the Tragically Hip tonight. I feel like Canada.

12. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Can anyone recommend any cool stuff in the TOR or MTL areas when I visit?

Also am I going to die if I can't speak French when I visit the latter? I hear people can be extremely sensitive about those silly things.

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

What are you looking to do in Toronto?

14. Whatjuliansaid

To be honest I'm not quite sure. I guess I would be looking to hit up some of the music scene stuff, see some cool sights or scenic areas, maybe kind of a rural walk through or hike, seeing landmarks or museums etc.

it's kind of last minute, was supposed to go to edm to see some friends and walk through mountain areas and other stuff but they had an emergency and cancelled so this is the next best thing haha

any advice would be cool, it's hard looking through a billion random blogs/ guides and deciding from that. I'm pretty open to anything.

15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

In regards to museums and such, the Art Gallery of Ontario is wonderful. The ROM is cool too but it can definitely be overwhelming because its size. There's tons of cool cinemas and music venues all over town, but I guess checking those out depends on what you're after and what's going on that day.

I don't know too much about hikes and stuff here, but there's lots of nice little parks scattered throughout the city.

I feel like it's not a super exciting tourist town to be honest. Most of the benefits of the city come with spending time here, like getting to know the restaurants and such. If you think of anything specific you're after let me know!

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  16. Whatjuliansaid

Will do, thanks for the tips!

17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

You'll be fine in Montreal, it's pretty Anglo friendly.

18. Whatjuliansaid

Anglo friendly?

19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Easily navigated by anglophones is what I meant. Most people speak English (at least a bit anyway)

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  20. Whatjuliansaid

The few people I know who live in the area hardly speak French or don't at all haha it's a bit strange when reading about the area but it happens.

21. Heading to Toronto tomorrow, my first time in Canada!

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

About time eh

popdisaster00 likes this.
  23. chelsealouanne

Regular

Hope you're enjoying it here. Sorry the weather is a little bad, but at least it's no snow!

popdisaster00 likes this.
  24. I should have brought a jacket and an umbrella!

25. chelsealouanne

Regular

Yes, a not so warm welcome! ;-p