Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Bronx Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kyle, Sep 21, 2016.

1. The Bronx is an American hardcore punk band from Los Angeles formed in 2002. The band's current lineup consists of vocalist Matt Caughthran, guitarists Joby Ford and Ken Horne, bass guitarist Brad Magers, and drummer Jorma Vik. They have released four eponymous rock albums and three additional albums of mariachi music under the alter ego Mariachi El Bronx.

2. This band never gets talked about around here and that's very unfortunate. Their first two albums are so fucking good and III is up there. I'm seeing them on Friday and can't be more excited - they always deliver a great live show.

3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Been on a huge kick with these guys recently. Really into them at the moment.

kyle and KidLightning like this.
  4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I really enjoy V, but I haven't listened in a while. Maybe I'll change that this afternoon.

5. Yea, I'm gonna throw on V on my way home.

KidLightning likes this.
  6. Paul Beaumont

Everything about this band is superb. Odd more people aren’t into them around here.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. It's very odd more people aren't into them. They're one of the best live bands around.

bradsonemanband and KidLightning like this.
  8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'm a casual follower, it took me a while to realize they were Mariachi El Bronx too haha.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  9. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Got to see these guys live last night, excellent show. Been a passive listener forever.

kyle likes this.
  10. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Have Spotify on random right now and it threw on “Knifeman” a couple minutes ago. Haven’t listened to that song in a long time but man it fucking goes.

11. Is Mariachi El Bronx releasing new music tomorrow?

12. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

13. Silentjury

Regular

Heard "History's Stranglers" on a Spotify playlist recently and it reminded me that when this band is on, they are on. Each album has a few tracks that are just top notch. I remember when they first signed to Island I was convinced they would be the next big rock band. I'm not sure whey they never hit it big, but it shows I should never be an A&R person. lol.

14. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

15. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones