Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Bracket of Life and Death (Good Charlotte Bracket) Bracket • Page 28

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by pbueddi, May 5, 2019.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

The River
    Motivation Proclamation

pbueddi likes this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

I love both of these songs but I still think this is a travesty lol

pbueddi likes this.
  3. pbueddi

Trusted

The River-3
    There She Goes-0

Life Changes-2
    The Motivation Proclamation-1

bachna84 likes this.
  4. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

The River
    Life Changes

Neither of these were easy.

pbueddi, BlackwingE and 333 GANG like this.
  5. 333 GANG

ACAB

The River
    Life Changes

I love Motivation, and that song has major sentimental and nostalgia value for me, but I just think Life Changes is one of, if not the best track in their catalogue. Had to do it.

Safe travels, pbueddi.

pbueddi, BlackwingE and bachna84 like this.
  6. TheJMan

Trusted

The River
    Life Changes

7. pbueddi

Trusted

The River-6
    There She Goes-0

Life Changes-5
    The Motivation Proclamation-1

bachna84 likes this.
  8. pbueddi

Trusted

I think it’s time to decide it all. We have come to the final round!

The River vs. Life Changes

bachna84 likes this.
  9. 333 GANG

ACAB

Life Changes

pbueddi and bachna84 like this.
  10. bachna84

Thanks for running this @pbueddi! They're a band that I've enjoyed overall throughout the last almost 20 years, but there are definitely some albums that I hadn't listened to much prior to this bracket (Cardiology, Generation Rx) and I had barely heard any of the b-sides. It was fun going through their discography. I know it's your first time running one of these, but you did a great job!

As far as my final vote, I'm going to have to go with

Life Changes

disambigujason, pbueddi and 333 GANG like this.
  11. bachna84

disambigujason and 333 GANG like this.
  12. 333 GANG

ACAB

Yes, many thanks to you for running this bracket! I had a lot of fun participating.

13. bachna84

Rumor has it that we’ll have Green Day and Blink brackets this summer so stay tuned!

BlackwingE and pbueddi like this.
  14. danielm123

Trusted

Definitely enjoyed this bracket, especially considering GC was a band that I used to love, but hadn't really been into in some time. I'm happy this forced me to revisit their discography and give Generation Rx a chance. Also, while normally I disagree with the community on many of the winners in these brackets, I really feel like the best songs made it to the finals bracket and two of their best are in this final round. In fact, this may be the first time I'm voting for my favorite song from a band in the final round of the bracket, my favorite song by GC being:

The River

pbueddi likes this.
  15. The Lucky Moose

Yeah, thanks for doing this.

The River.

Not my favorite, but for sure one of their best.

pbueddi likes this.
  16. pbueddi

Trusted

The River-2
    Life Changes-2

bachna84 likes this.
  17. pbueddi

Trusted

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. Good Charlotte is my favorite band and first got me into music, and it was nice to go through all the songs again with everyone. I know they have gotten a lot of hate over the years, but Ill always stick with them.

18. pbueddi

Trusted

Glad to hear it! Yeah i was happy with the final two songs as well. Very deserving imo.

bachna84 likes this.
  19. Manana

Gonna go with life changes. Love the river but life changes just wins out. It’s such a strong opener.

And pbueddi its my first time actually participating in one of these so thank you. GC are such a strong band and I think were definitely a gateway to other types of music to kids growing up with them. They definitely were for me. Anyway you did a really great job running things as well so thanks

333 GANG, bachna84 and pbueddi like this.
  20. pbueddi

Trusted

The River-2
    Life Changes-3

bachna84 likes this.
  21. pbueddi

Trusted

Thanks for the kind words! You know, I teach in a middle school, and im always tempted to introduce kids to a record like the young and the hopeless or something similar. I just remember certain albums that were so relatable at that age. The stuff a lot of kids listen to now is garbage. That could just be me getting older though lol.

22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I was really happy with the last album when it came out, having not listened to the previous few, so it was fun to check out a lot more. Thanks for hosting, @pbueddi.

My vote goes to river.

pbueddi likes this.
  23. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

River

pbueddi likes this.
  24. BlackwingE

Trusted

Life Changes

It breaks my heart to have to pick one. As @bachna84 used to say, this was nearly a coin toss for me.

Thank you @pbueddi for doing this. You did a great job. GC hasn't been my favorite band but I've listened to them since 2004 I think. This bracket was a lot of fun, and I hope I see all of you during the Green Day and blink-182 brackets.

pbueddi, bachna84 and 333 GANG like this.
  25. BlackwingE

Trusted

Same, man, same. If I ever have kids of my own, I'll expose them to GOOD music from day one haha.